lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2014, 11:40 AM   #1
Scooby3739
Not Yet Wild

Default curtis sepex controller

I have a Star with a curtis sepex 1268-5403 400amp controller. I think i have a bad controller. I've found another controller exact same model but on a EZGO. Will it work on the Star or is it programmed different? Thanks
Scooby3739 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-10-2014, 01:18 AM   #2
giuseppe1110
Not Yet Wild
Star

Default Re: curtis sepex controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby3739 View Post
I have a Star with a curtis sepex 1268-5403 400amp controller. I think i have a bad controller. I've found another controller exact same model but on a EZGO. Will it work on the Star or is it programmed different? Thanks
Have you solved the problem?
giuseppe1110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 09:27 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Ezgo uses ITS type throttle, it will not work...sorry. Also, remove motor controller mounting plate, look for evidence of motor terminals hitting bottom of plate, that is a common "controller killer" on star cart.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:22 PM   #4
giuseppe1110
Not Yet Wild
Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Ezgo uses ITS type throttle, it will not work...sorry. Also, remove motor controller mounting plate, look for evidence of motor terminals hitting bottom of plate, that is a common "controller killer" on star cart.
only 2+2 had this type of problem before, but now Star has making the plate much more higher above the terminal. This problem solved already.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:56 PM   #5
cgtech

Yamaha

Cool, im still so happy to not be tied to their junk anymore! Wasnt just 2+2, we never sold many of those.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:59 PM   #6
giuseppe1110
Not Yet Wild
Star

Quote:
Cool, im still so happy to not be tied to their junk anymore! Wasnt just 2+2, we never sold many of those.
Hi Cgtech, how many YAMAHA can you sell a year now?
Old 11-11-2014, 12:56 AM   #7
cgtech

Yamaha

I dont know the exact figures, some builds take longer than others (lithium batts, waiting for enclosures, ect). We usually get truck shipments of 10 or more at a time. We are a fairly small shop, during the busy season we move several new RXVs (all electric) & Yamahas (gas & electric) every week. If your comment was meant to carry sarcasm (im not sure), save it for someone else. If you are a Star dealer, i hope you do well with them. And i hope JH global treats you better than they did us.
Old 11-11-2014, 01:41 AM   #8
giuseppe1110
Not Yet Wild
Star

Quote:
I dont know the exact figures, some builds take longer than others (lithium batts, waiting for enclosures, ect). We usually get truck shipments of 10 or more at a time. We are a fairly small shop, during the busy season we move several new RXVs (all electric) & Yamahas (gas & electric) every week. If your comment was meant to carry sarcasm (im not sure), save it for someone else. If you are a Star dealer, i hope you do well with them. And i hope JH global treats you better than they did us.
Cgtech, I am not that kind of person who can carry sacrasm to anyone else. And I am not a Star dealer. I sell electric vehicles to them, so I ask you how many you can sell as a kind of occupation sensitivity. Hope everything goes on well with your business.
Old 12-14-2014, 02:54 PM   #9
Scooby3739
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by giuseppe1110 View Post
Have you solved the problem?
No sorry I've put that project on the back burner. Hopefully get to work on it during Christmas holidays. Pretty sure my controller is toast though it was towed about 2 miles without switching to tow mode. This is all new to me I've worked on small gas engines and cars all my life but this is my first electric vehicle to mess with.
Scooby3739 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 08:49 PM   #10
Zachary25
Not Yet Wild

kinda a old post but i found a aftermarket controller that will work navitas makes one 420amp and a 600 amp can also get the on the fly programer, just ordered one for myself, it works with the 1268 harness

part #32092

part #31922
Zachary25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay