lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-08-2015, 01:27 PM   #21
mardad
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2008 EZGO RXV Won't Move

Cant get pic to load. I'll type it out
"After inspection, reinstall the park brake and leave the bolts loose. Turn the key switch to on and the tow switch to tow. The coil driver should electronically disengage. Torque the three bolts to 106-142 in-lbs in small equal increments. Flip the tow switch back to run. This will align the friction disk."
If you tell me your email I can send the picture.
mardad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-08-2015, 01:52 PM   #22
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Oh I believe you and I think we are on the same page but you still have to get the keyway on the brake lined up with the motor shaft. What he told you to do is just aligning the brake disc in the brake which is good too but I believe it would do it itself the first time you disengaged the brake.. IF the key way was lined up.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 02:41 PM   #23
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

It would be very difficult to "accidentally" install the brake with the keyways not lined up. First, getting the bolts to start even with the keyways lined up and the brake hanging on the armature can be tricky. Mounting the bolts while supporting the brake "floating around" would be a huge pain. Second, if you tightened the bolts and didnt realize that the brake was extremely resistant to sitting flush on the motor (the stub on the armature wont allow it to sit flat if keyways are not engaged). If someone can make their way through those two things and not realize "i must be doing something wrong, it dont wanna fit?" they ought to have a pro take care of it.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 02:46 PM   #24
cgtech

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardad View Post
Cant get pic to load. I'll type it out
"After inspection, reinstall the park brake and leave the bolts loose. Turn the key switch to on (should be "N") and the tow switch to tow(tow switch should be done before key switch, or a violent jerk will occur). The coil driver should electronically disengage. Torque the three bolts to 106-142 in-lbs in small equal increments. Flip the tow switch back to run. This will align the friction disk."
If you tell me your email I can send the picture.
I agree with this method, except as i noted in Red.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:49 PM   #25
Brianscreed
Not Yet Wild

There is zero noise from the motor or brake. Cart doesn't move at all in tow or run. Solenoid clicks once when key is turned on.

Did not make a difference with or without the resistor hooked up.

Any other ideas?
Brianscreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 09:37 AM   #26
cgtech

Yamaha

If what we said didnt help, and the troubleshooting guide didnt help, need to get a handheld programmer hooked up to it for its fault codes. If ya are gonna be a rxv tech, a handheld is pretty much required for efficient diagnostics.
Old 11-28-2015, 10:47 PM   #27
Brianscreed
Not Yet Wild

Here's an update:

Took it to the dealer, they didn't have a Danaher scanner but thought it was a bad controller. Put the Ez Go 627057 Curtis conversion kit on it, same problem still exists.
However, now I can hear the brake click on and off, but I don't hear the motor turn forward and reverse.

To summarize, the cart has a new motor brake, new accelerator pedal, and new controller.

Will a shop be able to scan it now with a Curtis scanner since it has the conversion?

Any ideas on anything I can check now without a scanner? Is there a way to manually check and see if the motor is good?

Thanks!
Brian
Old 11-28-2015, 10:49 PM   #28
Brianscreed
Not Yet Wild

Also, the solenoid clicks, reverse buzzer sounds briefly, motor brake clicks on and off when in run and the key turns. Brake clicks when switch is in tow. Can not push cart in either position on the switch, but the brake is making noise like it engages and disengages.
Old 11-29-2015, 07:59 AM   #29
hmsnider
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Just wondering if you ever resolved this?
hmsnider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 08:52 AM   #30
Brianscreed
Not Yet Wild

I just updated last night. Still broken.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO