lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2015, 08:03 AM   #11
Raybo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Looking to buy a new controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by millsra13 View Post
My dad has the same cart as you (2014 S4 Express HO) and his controller is a Curtis 1268 400A. From what I understand you can definitely reprogram it either with a handheld programmer or with the Curtis software and a PC. For the software route you will need to make a cable using a molex connector. I plan on helping him reprogram his next time I'm in his neck of the woods so I'll tell you how it goes. I'd check your controller just to see what part number you've got (his is a 1268-5411).
Please take a look at page 15 http://curtisinstruments.com/Uploads...l%2812D%29.pdf
Raybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2015, 08:08 AM   #12
millsra13
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Yep, that's what I read that when I was determining how to make his faster. There is also a vendor on eBay that will rent a 1313 hand held programmer for $40 a month. I think thats the route I'm going with.
millsra13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 08:20 AM   #13
Raybo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Yep, that's what I read that when I was determining how to make his faster. There is also a vendor on eBay that will rent a 1313 hand held programmer for $40 a month. I think thats the route I'm going with.
Do you have a time frame when you are doing this?
Thanks for ur help
Old 11-06-2015, 08:24 AM   #14
millsra13
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I should be heading to his house for Thanksgiving so I'll do it then. I'm going to rent the controller in the next week or two. I'll definitely keep you posted on the results.
millsra13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 08:25 AM   #15
Raybo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I should be heading to his house for Thanksgiving so I'll do it then. I'm going to rent the controller in the next week or two. I'll definitely keep you posted on the results.
Thanks and good luck
Old 11-06-2015, 11:40 AM   #16
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

The 1268 has the capability of 2 different modes that are switched by putting power on pin 20 in the main harness. Not sure if that is setup on your cart but could be. The different modes allow you to set different parameters on how the controller behaves and how it controls the motor. For instance the last one I helped with we set to run around 15mph with more torque in mode 1 but 25+ in mode 2.. Yours might have a switch somewhere that got flipped..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 07:36 AM   #17
Raybo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
The 1268 has the capability of 2 different modes that are switched by putting power on pin 20 in the main harness. Not sure if that is setup on your cart but could be. The different modes allow you to set different parameters on how the controller behaves and how it controls the motor. For instance the last one I helped with we set to run around 15mph with more torque in mode 1 but 25+ in mode 2.. Yours might have a switch somewhere that got flipped..
Thanks I'll take a look
Old 12-28-2015, 09:06 AM   #18
Raybo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

millsra13 were you able to reprogram ur fathers S4?
Old 01-03-2016, 08:31 PM   #19
FireEMT978
Not Yet Wild

I am just curious? Why was a 2 gauge wire ever changed out to a smaller 4 gauge anyway?
FireEMT978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:09 PM   #20
wesleycox
Not Yet Wild

The S4 HO also has a 14.75 rear axle. If I remember correctly the max programmable speed from the dealer is 18 mph. You should have all the torque you need with that unit.
GPS your speed and let us know what you get. You could also re-gear the rear axle and gain speed. your torque would suffer though...
wesleycox is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO