lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2016, 11:18 AM   #11
Helirich
Gone Wild

Default Re: Watering system

I guess I'm ignorant. I thought a "watering system" was for the purpose of filling the batteries. What do they do, if not? I never bought a system because I didn't think it was that big a deal to pull the caps and check em every so often. Now you got me wondering.
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-30-2016, 11:53 AM   #12
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yea it's for keeping batteries topped. And no its not a big deal to check and fill. They sell it for more lazy people and as a "safer" alternative
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 01:20 PM   #13
DCSSBoyd
Not Yet Wild

There are 2 manufacturers of watering systems for golf carts. Amazon offers both of them, but the descriptions on that site are confusing. Post a picture of the connector end and I will tell you what you need, but I am not able to post links on this forum yet.
DCSSBoyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 01:36 PM   #14
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

3 that i can think of. Flow-rite, Battery watering systems BFS, Trojan. All three use different ends.

First, Trojan Hydrolink

Second, Flow-rite profill

Third, Battery watering system BFS
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hydrolink2_0130270233718650000.jpg.cf.jpg (13.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 0012158_600.jpg.cf.jpg (11.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg watering_valves.jpg.cf.jpg (7.7 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 01:58 PM   #15
DCSSBoyd
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for posting the pictures!!! I cant post them yet because i'm still a noob.

Trojan and Flow-Rite use the same connectors and many of the same parts and the hand pumps are interchangeable. They are essentially the same system (but claim they are different). The BWT system is completely different and takes a different hand-pump.

These are great pictures for referencing which system you have, but there is still a chance that someone put a different end on the cart. I have seen it many times.
DCSSBoyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 02:36 PM   #16
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Best thing you can do on any cart with a battery watering system is to remove it and discard it. They are useless toys that cause more issues than they solve.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 04:42 PM   #17
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
Best thing you can do on any cart with a battery watering system is to remove it and discard it. They are useless toys that cause more issues than they solve.
Haha
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 07:54 PM   #18
sonnysmith
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for all the replys.
I totally agree with everyone on fill systems. I don't like them, but EZ GO put them on a lot of there carts that are on golf courses. When they are resold, they stay on the carts. Then old Joe buys a golf cart that he can't water, so I'm trying to find a fix for this problem. For those who ask ,the one that I'm concerned about is the trogan hydrolink.
I was just hoping that someone has come up with something that would work with a garden hose and adapter for the battery side of the cart. Think my best shot, is the one that works with the hand pump.

Thanks all
Sonny

Ps I will close this thread.
sonnysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 08:14 PM   #19
Helirich
Gone Wild

That's the second time I heard "garden hose". I hope you got some kind of tank of distilled water that feeds the garden hose.
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 08:39 PM   #20
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

No Garden Hose!! Use distilled water or RO water. Both are approved for batteries by the manufacturer. In my opinion distilled should be best (assuming they arent selling tap water in a fancy jug). RO should be fine too, as long as your filters are serviced often as needed to produce pure water.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO