lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2016, 10:12 PM   #1
wheelnsniper
Getting Wild

Default looking at new DPI

Hey all in another post I was talking g about new batterys. To accompany those I would like the DPI charger that cartsunlimited sells. I was reading about the wiring change to the cart and am a little confused. Sorry a bit of a noob. Does anybody know if there is a wiring diagram from what I have to change on the cart. I am understanding I have a sepex I believe. Would feel better being blessed to see as apposed to just reading it. Thanks guys and sorry for so many questions

Matt
wheelnsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2016, 10:24 PM   #2
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: looking at new DPI

The only MUST requirement is to relocate one wire so the pack can charge; that being the black wire from the charging port to the OBC you cut and re-route to the main pack negative... I've yet to make the 2nd re-wire that completely cuts the OBC out but it is but the twist of two wires...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 10:49 PM   #3
wheelnsniper
Getting Wild

OK. Thank you
Old 05-16-2016, 11:12 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

This is the Ezgo section...... what cart are you asking about?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 04:57 AM   #5
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
The only MUST requirement is to relocate one wire so the pack can charge; that being the black wire from the charging port to the OBC you cut and re-route to the main pack negative... I've yet to make the 2nd re-wire that completely cuts the OBC out but it is but the twist of two wires...
I just noticed that your driving an EZGO which I mistook for a CC my comments would only apply to a CC cart. I'm sure the rewire is close to the same but this I do not know for sure...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 05:58 AM   #6
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

if you tell scotty exactly what cart you have he will send you all relevant instructions....his service is second to none.....

Matt-try to put in your signature what cart you have... and thanks for your service.
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 07:36 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

From earlier posts I find:
My buggie is a 2012 txt 48v. I had the dealer install an alltrax 400 amp and it's the new one they just released that has the fins exposed not just the box XCT 48400 I believe. 3" lift and i think 12" rims light mud tires.

The DPI is an out of the box match up for this cart. There is no wire change to be made... Simply plug and play.

The wire changes referred to are only for bypassing the Club Car on board computer which thank GOD Ezgo has not put in their carts.
Old 05-18-2016, 01:42 AM   #8
wheelnsniper
Getting Wild

Thank you guys and thank you scottyb. That makes me feel much better not having to rewire for the charger. Look forward to those daytel meters. Thanks again all. Great help

Saved my signature. Hope it displays
Old 05-18-2016, 01:49 AM   #9
wheelnsniper
Getting Wild

Try again
Old 05-18-2016, 07:48 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Signature is working now -

You will like the Datel panel meter. My test meter is going on 6 or 7 yrs of being on out in the rain and blazing SW heat with no problem. These things are just about bulletproof. We will not reorder the Datel only because people favor the less expensive copy and like a lot of quality products they are simply being replaced with a less expensive model. I have about a dozen left. When they are gone, they are gone.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO