lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2016, 01:20 PM   #1
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Trailering TXT sideways.

Has anybody trailer there txt sideways and can you think of any reason not to. I'm thinking about trying to load my txt sideways on my big trailer so I can get more room behind it on the trailer
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2016, 02:08 PM   #2
skipsmith521
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I think the biggest concern would be a fold down windshield on the golf cart...

My 2 cents...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
skipsmith521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 02:15 PM   #3
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Trailering TXT sideways.

Windshield and seat are my thoughts. But I would bungee both. I would thing the effect on the windshield sideways would be less than foward. This is assuming I tie/strap it down to keep it from pulling it away from the uprights
Old 05-24-2016, 04:44 PM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

There can be lots of force on the windshield and the roof when you drive at highway speeds. You may bend the roof struts if you aren't careful.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 05:22 PM   #5
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I would run a strap from front to rear, of the cart, over the roof. No matter which way it was loaded. I would also fold the windshield and run a strap or cord around the two section and the frame.
But, that's just me. I use 4 straps to tie down my bike too. All that said, I have seen a lot of carts going down the highway, on trailers and in the back of pickups. Never once have I seen one that had or looked like it might get damaged by the trip. No tie down in sight.
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 05:37 PM   #6
Isaac-1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It also depends on where you live and if it has a backseat, etc. Most states allow max trailer width at 102 inches without wide load permit, and I think some states allow only 96 inches on some state highways (federal highways are all at least 102 inches. At least that was the situation when I last checked into it a few years ago. Remember you also need to account for cart front to back center of gravity.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 06:38 PM   #7
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
It also depends on where you live and if it has a backseat, etc. Most states allow max trailer width at 102 inches without wide load permit, and I think some states allow only 96 inches on some state highways (federal highways are all at least 102 inches. At least that was the situation when I last checked into it a few years ago. Remember you also need to account for cart front to back center of gravity.
I dont have back seat so I don't think I will be wider than fenders the cart is only 90 some inches long total.

Plus when u have a 2000 pound tractor and maybe a lawnmower behind it the center of gravity thing is null. Hence the need to tow side ways.

And to those about highway speed ...I trailered it initially just like it drives at up to 80 mph no problem. But one 10,0000 pound strap and one 3000 pound strap.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO