lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2016, 03:53 PM   #1
vonjet
Not Yet Wild

Default Electrical Question for the experts

I'm almost done putting my cart back together. I just connected all the electrical connections per the RXV wiring diagram. Everything works as it should!.
(48V 4x12)My question is...The diagram has all the Negatives on the cart to post on Batt 4 and all the Positives on cart to Batt 1. Do I have to connect all future - and + to these same posts? I ask because its starting to be quiet a lot of wires on one post.
vonjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-02-2016, 03:59 PM   #2
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Electrical Question for the experts

There should only be 3-4 wires on each post. 3 for the cart to use and 1 for a voltage converter if you are installing 1.........
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 04:34 PM   #3
vonjet
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
There should only be 3-4 wires on each post. 3 for the cart to use and 1 for a voltage converter if you are installing 1.........
I just purchased a converter from cartsunlimited so I have not installed that yet.

What is currently on the positive post is wire for digital battery meter (cartsunlimited), 2 rings from the charger port, one small from the harness, and one large red from the controller.

I still need to add the light kit wires and the stereo but I assume those will go to fuse block I purchased with the converter. (Never done this before)
Old 09-03-2016, 09:46 AM   #4
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

ok, sorry, didn't know you had a digital meter. That'll add 1 wire to each post, but you should still be fine with 5 wires on each.

Any accessories you add will likely be 12v and those will get added to the fuse panel you got from Scotty.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 10:01 AM   #5
vonjet
Not Yet Wild

Ok. Thank you
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO