lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2016, 08:51 AM   #21
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: rxv voltage problems. jumping from 49v to 8v and everywhere in between

If it's in the main harness it is not for a voltage converter. I don't have a Danher controlled cart on hand to check or I would try tracing it for you.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2016, 09:26 AM   #22
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: rxv voltage problems. jumping from 49v to 8v and everywhere in between

Ok, here is the Wiring Diagram and Danaher Pinout that covers to 2010 RXV. I hope this helps.

Bob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 06122009-01232012_RXV_WD.jpg (290.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Danaher Pinout.jpg (97.8 KB, 0 views)
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 09:26 AM   #23
CustomGolfCartGuy
Gone Wild

no there is a motor test im doing on the rxv that is checking for short circuits and over currents and it is checking the ohm resistance on it and the test is showing .4 and they said the readings should be 0.0 to .02 my question is this test is saying to replace the motor if the reading is above .2 but could a bad motor be causing they crazy volttage readings? i dont really want to order a new 1500 motor but i will if it is the problem. i just wouldnt think i would be gettting all these crazy readings if the motor was bad. thoughts
CustomGolfCartGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 09:32 AM   #24
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

And the Accessory Harness diagram in case you need it.

Bob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pre282012_Accessory_WD.jpg (171.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-23-2016, 09:41 AM   #25
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyscustoms View Post
no there is a motor test im doing on the rxv that is checking for short circuits and over currents and it is checking the ohm resistance on it and the test is showing .4 and they said the readings should be 0.0 to .02 my question is this test is saying to replace the motor if the reading is above .2 but could a bad motor be causing they crazy volttage readings? i dont really want to order a new 1500 motor but i will if it is the problem. i just wouldnt think i would be gettting all these crazy readings if the motor was bad. thoughts
Not while resting. The motor is not being used at that point. Does it pass the POST for the motor? There should have been safeguards put into place in code to prevent any sort of uncontrolled software loop upon detection of any failed device during a POST.

The controller itself could be the cause of the EMI, but I doubt the FCC would have passed emission limits high enough to cause electronic disruption for any digital device such as this. That could be detrimental to radio communications in the area. Of course, if it's an isolated incident from that particular controller...
Old 09-23-2016, 10:00 AM   #26
CustomGolfCartGuy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Not while resting. The motor is not being used at that point. Does it pass the POST for the motor? There should have been safeguards put into place in code to prevent any sort of uncontrolled software loop upon detection of any failed device during a POST.

The controller itself could be the cause of the EMI, but I doubt the FCC would have passed emission limits high enough to cause electronic disruption for any digital device such as this. That could be detrimental to radio communications in the area. Of course, if it's an isolated incident from that particular controller...
i am not smart enough to understand 1/2 that. **** it im just ordering a controller and we will see what happens
Old 09-23-2016, 10:32 AM   #27
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyscustoms View Post
i am not smart enough to understand 1/2 that. **** it im just ordering a controller and we will see what happens
Sorry, I tend to get too technical at times and forget that I'm not talking to engineers. The electrical noise does seem to be coming from the controller, so trying another controller sounds like a good idea. If it turns out not to be the controller, I'm sure you'll need a new Danaher controller on another cart in the near future. Just be wary of swapping out for repaired controllers, when you do that you never know the history of what you're getting. You may end up with controllers that are worst off in the components that were not replaced.

Those Danaher controllers can be a real pain. I'm going to have to get one that at least has functional communications so I can set up an interface and get real familiar with its innards so I can help people better when they have issues with them.

Bob
Old 09-23-2016, 11:04 AM   #28
CustomGolfCartGuy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Sorry, I tend to get too technical at times and forget that I'm not talking to engineers. The electrical noise does seem to be coming from the controller, so trying another controller sounds like a good idea. If it turns out not to be the controller, I'm sure you'll need a new Danaher controller on another cart in the near future. Just be wary of swapping out for repaired controllers, when you do that you never know the history of what you're getting. You may end up with controllers that are worst off in the components that were not replaced.

Those Danaher controllers can be a real pain. I'm going to have to get one that at least has functional communications so I can set up an interface and get real familiar with its innards so I can help people better when they have issues with them.

Bob
i have another rxv in the shop that is getting a new controller so when it comes in im going to throw it in this cart and if it works i will just order another one for it. it sounds like it is because i have ioslated other parts of the system and still have the problem, so it sure looks like it could be the controller. i will post what i find out. thanks alot for all the help.
Old 09-24-2016, 08:48 AM   #29
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Your problem is battery or battery connection..
voltage is fine at rest ... but fails under load.

check connections/terminals/wires.
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 12:23 PM   #30
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I think this is gonna be an expensive battery problem.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO