lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2016, 02:14 PM   #1
CustomGolfCartGuy
Gone Wild

Default having probelms with a 99 ezgo txt- Not running with lots of new parts

we have a 99 ezgo txt here in the shop right now and i have had some problems with it. i have replaced almost everything on it and it still wont run. the mechanic before replaced the f/r switch, i have replaced the solenoid and controller with not luck. batterys are only 2 years old and i just put new cables on it. the batterys are testing ok. when i go to start it the solenoid is clicking but nothing is happening. everything looks to be wired correctly from the diagrams ive seen. after the first mechanic replaced the f/d switch it only ran a few times before it had to be brought back. could he of wired something wrong that would of only worked for a short period of time. any help would be great because i am quite confused with this one. thanks in advance guys
CustomGolfCartGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-10-2016, 02:20 PM   #2
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: having probelms with a 99 ezgo txt- Not running with lots of new parts

bad f/r switch-my best guess
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 02:25 PM   #3
CustomGolfCartGuy
Gone Wild

Default Re: having probelms with a 99 ezgo txt- Not running with lots of new parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutant View Post
you think the new one he put in is faulty ?
Old 10-10-2016, 02:27 PM   #4
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

probably-if it is from china.....if it is-do the guy a favor and buy one from scottyb
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 09:13 AM   #5
CustomGolfCartGuy
Gone Wild

Quote:
probably-if it is from china.....if it is-do the guy a favor and buy one from scottyb
Ok I'll look into it today. There is a ton of cables going to it so I'll check the ends of all them too for signs of a short or other problem. Thanks
Old 10-12-2016, 09:32 AM   #6
CustomGolfCartGuy
Gone Wild

Quote:
just found out from the customer that he actually installed this and not another mechanic. so now i doubt its ran at all since he installed this and it just saying it only ran a couple times after the f/r switch was replaced. do you have a wiriing diagram for this cart? i cant find one and would like to know where the cables are suppoed to go before i talk it all apart. thanks
Old 10-12-2016, 10:00 AM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Here you go.

Also, a quick test for continuity through the F/R contacts and high current cables.

Connect a DVM between the controller's B- and M- terminals.
Push pedal just far enough to make solenoid click and you should read full battery pack voltage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - Series.JPG (55.8 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 03:14 PM   #8
CustomGolfCartGuy
Gone Wild

good news too it apart and relized he hooked the cables up backwards and melted the switch. have a new one coming. thanks a lot
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO