lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-24-2017, 03:13 PM   #1
bochadley@me.com
Not Yet Wild

Question 36 Volt EZGO is a NO GO!

Good Afternoon guys. I have a 36V EZGO and i'm needing some troubleshooting assistance. The batteries are fully charged and when I turn the switch on the headlights are bright! When I step on the pedal I here a click but there is no movement.

When i switch to reverse the alarm comes on but same issue. Step on the pedal no movement.

Now this is the story i got from my son. He said he backed it out of the garage then switched it to forward quickly and stepped on the pedal and no go. then he tried reverse and no go...

He did tell me he was ina hurry so my assumption is the cart wasn't fully stopped when he changed direction and stomped down on the pedal.
bochadley@me.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-24-2017, 03:22 PM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: 36 Volt EZGO is a NO GO!

Sounds like you could have a stripped brake hub. Does it sound like the motor is turning, and the cart won't go?. Do you hear any grinding noise when the pedal is pushed. You need to remove the dust cap in the middle of the brake hub/wheel, and see if the axle nut is spinning when you try to go
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 03:34 PM   #3
bochadley@me.com
Not Yet Wild

It doesn't sound like the motor is running. I can push the cart around in the garage and when i step on the brake it seems to stop fine.
Old 01-24-2017, 03:48 PM   #4
rib33024

What year is the cart. And what drive system do you have. DCS - PDS - or series?. Does the cart have a Tow/Run switch on the controller cover under the seat?.
How old is the batteries?. What is the battery pack volts? and each battery. Are you sure the click you hear is the solenoid ?
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 04:38 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I agree with the stripped hub diagnosis. remove the hubcaps so you can see the axle nuts. Have somebody try to go while you look at EACH nut. if one is spinning and the cart is not going the hub is stripped.

This is a common failure for Ezgo electric carts. Get the Ausco HD replacement - not the OEM replacement. Look for PK2127
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 09:17 AM   #6
bochadley@me.com
Not Yet Wild

OK guys, No stripped hubs. Next thoughts?
Old 02-09-2017, 09:34 AM   #7
bochadley@me.com
Not Yet Wild

I am 100% positive the solenoid is activating when I step on the peddle. Hub's are not stripped.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:51 AM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

What year is cart and which drive type does it have??????????????
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgoguide.jpg (78.0 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 03:09 PM   #9
bochadley@me.com
Not Yet Wild

Date code E2604 TXT Series 36V
Old 02-09-2017, 03:41 PM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

2004 TXT Series.

If the solenoid is clicking and the motor isn't running, the problem is in the high current circuit and the most likely suspect is the F/R switch, but could be other things.

Attached is a schematic for a series drive with the high current circuit highlighted.

Lift rear tires off ground and put on jackstands so the half ton cart doesn't take off unexpectedly and run over someone or something.

Put pedal on floor and measure voltage on the four stud with heavy cables on the F/R switch assembly.

What is the battery pack voltage and what are the voltages on the four studs?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - Series- No A2 -Hi-Current traced.JPG (57.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
control, reed, solenoid
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO