lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-06-2017, 07:29 PM   #11
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Crash

I dunno....I'm with the majority. Take it to the professionals who do this "stuff" all the time. They will tell you if it's fixable, or junk. Then you can either sell it for parts, buy a new one and start the swap, or just buy a new modified one........budget considerations 'n all.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-06-2017, 07:55 PM   #12
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

WOW!!! that was a HARD HIT!

I have rebuilt many totaled, crashed things in my life. There is more damage on that car then meets the eye. To bend a hardened leaf spring like that took a lot of impact.

Where are you located? Myself or maybe some one could take a look at it for you, for free and give you a better idea of what your looking at. No need to buy new parts if that will not fix it. With that impact I cant believe the frame is not bent.
Gearhead1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 08:45 AM   #13
Seaquell
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

With 800 to 1,000 pounds of cart hitting on 1 tire like that it looks normal to me.
I would throw a new set of springs on it, bend the shock mount straight, and drive it !

It looks like a stock cart at 12mph i think any fix will be safe.
If it was hitting 20To 30 mph things need to be just right so its not squirrelly or darty!

If you have a hard time jacking it up you should probably get someone mechanically inclined to give you a hand.

Maybe im just a hillbilly, a cheap one
Seaquell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 09:47 AM   #14
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaquell View Post
With 800 to 1,000 pounds of cart hitting on 1 tire like that it looks normal to me.
I would throw a new set of springs on it, bend the shock mount straight, and drive it !

It looks like a stock cart at 12mph i think any fix will be safe.
If it was hitting 20To 30 mph things need to be just right so its not squirrelly or darty!

If you have a hard time jacking it up you should probably get someone mechanically inclined to give you a hand.

Maybe im just a hillbilly, a cheap one
LOL, But us cheep Hillbilly's can make things work! Maybe not quite correctly!
But enough to get by.
This guy does not sound like a cheep hillbilly.
I just thought some one on here with knowledge could take a look at it for him before he bought parts that still would not repair the cart.
I still believe that an impact hard enough to bend a leaf spring had to do some frame damage.
Gearhead1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 12:35 PM   #15
Seaquell
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

good point GEARHEAD
Seaquell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 09:28 AM   #16
DaveTM
Gone Wild

The "problem" with bending the shock mount straight is.....you now have that piece of metal......which takes a pounding day in and day out....compromised. It's like when a car has been smashed into a tree and a used car guy just straightens out the piece of crumple metal instead of doing it right and replacing it. The metal is now very weak and when needed to hold stress, will not do so.

Just some thoughts.
Old 02-08-2017, 01:31 PM   #17
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Not to start an argument, but steel undergoes strain hardening, and is actually harder than before it was bent. Just try and bend a coat hanger in two. It will never bend the same place twice, and will take forever, unless you use plyers and force the bent to take place at the exact same place, then it goes quickly.

Tube steel is a different matter.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 12:05 PM   #18
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Not to argue with you......but I wonder why they don't make these with steel that would constantly flex all the time. Then the chassis and shock mounts would forever get better.
Old 02-09-2017, 12:11 PM   #19
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I'm wondering what happened to the op. Two pages of thread and no responses from them. Hope the cart didn't fall on him..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 03:05 PM   #20
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Not to argue with you......but I wonder why they don't make these with steel that would constantly flex all the time. Then the chassis and shock mounts would forever get better.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Work_hardening
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axel, shock mounts
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO