lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2017, 11:15 AM   #11
Tj4orange
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 86 Marathon project

Quick question for some of you. I got my motor back yesterday and I'm trying to put this out there before I get to it.

I'm reading the instructions for torque mode and I want to make sure I am clear. The existing motor had four cables and the cart has four cables, s1, s2, a1, and a2.

I now have two more post on the new motor with lr2 and lr1.

I plan on Having it on permanent torque mode.

So do I take one of these little cables and hook lr1 to lr2, and then just reattach like the old motor matching the four?

Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tj4orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2017, 04:16 PM   #12
Tj4orange
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I got my new/rebuilt motor back and am concerned about reassembly. The motor guy said it was wise to replace this deformed lock nut. They weren't meant to be reused.

I went to Fastenal and the closest thing they had was the thicker one in the pick. I'm concerned if this might be a problem!?

Also another question is. When I took the motor to the motor guy, I didn't realize this nut and other threaded piece that goes on the shaft weren't part of the motor, so the motor guy took them off with a impact wrench.

I just got a impact wrench but haven't used it. How do you tighten the nut when the whole shaft spins?

Old 04-17-2017, 04:17 PM   #13
Tj4orange
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I also got the rear hd springs finished. Holy crap was that a pain in the arse!!!! They are done though.

Old 04-23-2017, 07:24 AM   #14
GOLFERDAN
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Wow Tj, didn't mean to misguide you. I see you were able to use the old shocks without any kind of extender. After thinking about it, I guess maybe I should have had someone stand on the rear bumper to compress the springs while I reattached the shocks. How did you do it. Also, I noticed you have the springs with the reatainer clip toward the front. I wondered which way the springs faced. I may have mine on backwards! Geez, that would be a pain to switch them around!
GOLFERDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 08:39 AM   #15
Seaquell
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Tj i think you will be fine with using the tall new nut as is but you can always grind it down to the original height just keep it cool with water while grinding.

Do you have a angle grinder in your Micky Mouse box of tools?
For real he has a cardboard Micky mouse box of tools look at the bottom left of the pic

As for the impact just grab it with a good glove and the impact will bang it on, just grab the socket on the impact and get a feel for how it works.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170423_093749.jpg (283.5 KB, 0 views)
Seaquell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 11:31 AM   #16
Tj4orange
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaquell View Post
Tj i think you will be fine with using the tall new nut as is but you can always grind it down to the original height just keep it cool with water while grinding.

Do you have a angle grinder in your Micky Mouse box of tools?

For real he has a cardboard Micky mouse box of tools look at the bottom left of the pic

As for the impact just grab it with a good glove and the impact will bang it on, just grab the socket on the impact and get a feel for how it works.

Lol! You like that! Everything time I work on something I just kinda grab what I need and throw the tools into a box or bucket. That is my but wipe box!

Old 04-23-2017, 11:51 AM   #17
Tj4orange
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok so for the springs and the clip, he old springs had that retainer clip on both ends on the old ones. I never really looked at the new ones!? I just held them next to each other to make sure they matched. I'm hoping they are universal!

The shocks where tricking reattaching. I jacked the axle up then laid on the rear fender and used one had to spin the nut and the other the help squish the body down some more. For once being a fat boy helped!

I used the new bolt and it looked as though it will be fine and not affect anything.

I got all hooked up and batteries back in. Kinda frustrated that I bought a new set of 4 ga battery cables and two of the where to short. Had to throw two of the older 6 ga cable on temporarily. Looks like a couple of the batteries might be rotated wrong. I had them all facing the same direction.

All in all it's running again! Had to head out for the weekend so I'll get the rear seat back on this week and dial in some finishing touches for now. Previously it ran about 10-11 mph and slowed up hills. Now it's at 13-14 and haven't hit the hills yet. The motor guy said this motor would only top out at 14 in torque mode so he was spot on. I'll keep you all informed!

Thanks again for all the response!

P.s. I got new tires and wheels on too. I'm thinking I'm gonna want so hubcaps to dress it up a little!

Old 04-23-2017, 12:33 PM   #18
Seaquell
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That motor in high torque mode ,is just begging to turn a big set of tires.

Most people have the tires and not enough motor, you have the motor and not the tire.

Switch those leads to high speed with the smaller tires you will get torque still, it’s worth trying out you may be happy with that.

The best would be able to switch between modes on the fly you need to look into that!
Seaquell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 03:55 PM   #19
Tj4orange
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaquell View Post
That motor in high torque mode ,is just begging to turn a big set of tires.

Most people have the tires and not enough motor, you have the motor and not the tire.

Switch those leads to high speed with the smaller tires you will get torque still, it’s worth trying out you may be happy with that.

The best would be able to switch between modes on the fly you need to look into that!

I'll look into it a bit more. He set it up so it's possible to switch between the two. I think to do that I needed to buy a switch though. He had a template and instructions. He thought if I ran it too fast on some hills the motor might not be prepared for too much speed. I just figured at the lake we a have a speed limit of 5mph that people like to police pretty good so I figured it wouldn't ever see any kind of speed. That was my thinking at least.
And I assumed these where small tires?! I just put what was on there. I think they're 18x8.
As you can see I assume a lot of things when it comes to this, so I really do appreciate any and all input!

Old 04-23-2017, 06:57 PM   #20
hturner12
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Looks good
hturner12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO