lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2017, 02:26 PM   #11
Marauder
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: First cart. 48 volt question

Quote:
Originally Posted by agpfl View Post
Did you see this one? https://jacksonville.craigslist.org/for/6154465795.html

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
I appreciate you showing me that one. I had not seen it. It is a couple hours away from me but maybe worth thinking about.

I had seen a few that were close to that one. My original concern was that I wanted a color other than green. If I got a green one I would have to buy a new body or paint. I figured between the labor assuming I could pull the body and the paint costs or cost of a new colored body I would be back closer to the other carts. But maybe I am wrong.
Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2017, 03:34 PM   #12
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That 48v cart ad looks like spam to me.

I just bought my TXT PDS... It has all the same features, plus its lifted with a Jakes spindle lift, setting on 22" tires with 10 inch wheels, not as pretty... but I paid over $1000 less with 2016 trojans. I don't think I would put that much into that cart. The only thing the seller has done to it is put in the "freedom chip" which isn't a chip at all its just a plug with wires, thats why it feels faster.

I'm 6'6" 350lb, my stock PDS moves very quick with my family of 4 on it. Going up-hill is a different story...
ARKSoft84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 08:08 AM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARKSoft84 View Post
That 48v cart ad looks like spam to me.

I just bought my TXT PDS... It has all the same features, plus its lifted with a Jakes spindle lift, setting on 22" tires with 10 inch wheels, not as pretty... but I paid over $1000 less with 2016 trojans. I don't think I would put that much into that cart. The only thing the seller has done to it is put in the "freedom chip" which isn't a chip at all its just a plug with wires, thats why it feels faster.

I'm 6'6" 350lb, my stock PDS moves very quick with my family of 4 on it. Going up-hill is a different story...

This cart responds well to the Alltrax XCT48400 speed controller upgrade. Power is increased by 35% and top speed increases about 5 mph
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 08:14 AM   #14
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Marauder if your concerned about Scottyb being a vendor and posting. Don't. I am also new here and Scott has helped me out countless times already.... he seems to be one of those rare vendors who actually helps you out without an ulterior motive :)

Just saying....

Mike
mrmotoguzzi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 08:24 AM   #15
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

He needs a ticker on his sig, like McDonalds "Over 100,xxx served".

EDIT: You can see how many posts he's made here, helping folks, and that doesn't include PMs or phone calls.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 08:47 AM   #16
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
He needs a ticker on his sig, like McDonalds "Over 100,xxx served".

EDIT: You can see how many posts he's made here, helping folks, and that doesn't include PMs or phone calls.
McScotty's ? LOL

Thanks for all you do Scott :)
mrmotoguzzi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 09:36 AM   #17
Marauder
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmotoguzzi00 View Post
Marauder if your concerned about Scottyb being a vendor and posting. Don't. I am also new here and Scott has helped me out countless times already.... he seems to be one of those rare vendors who actually helps you out without an ulterior motive :)

Just saying....

Mike

Oh no. No issue at all.

He is actually the vendor I emailed with my question. He just responded generically and gave me an answer that helped guide me in a direction but I wanted to get a little more beef behind the answer. I am the kind of guy who likes to understand the 'why' of an answer so thats why I just posted it here as well. Just to open it up for more detail.

He also has that new motor he has been testing recently and that could be the one I buy. Its good to see all the details.
Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 10:45 AM   #18
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
This cart responds well to the Alltrax XCT48400 speed controller upgrade. Power is increased by 35% and top speed increases about 5 mph
Figuring out how to not make it not so obvious that the bank account is missing $500.... thats the hard part.

This upgrade is up on the tip top of my list at this point... anyone want to purchase a Traxxas Summit....
ARKSoft84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 11:26 AM   #19
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARKSoft84 View Post
Figuring out how to not make it not so obvious that the bank account is missing $500.... thats the hard part.

This upgrade is up on the tip top of my list at this point... anyone want to purchase a Traxxas Summit....
Tell the wiffey you were a victim of identity theft.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO