lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2017, 05:33 PM   #11
billymack
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Totaled 2016 RXV

Good question. The $8,300 estimate from the local EZGO dealer has the weld word listed 3 times?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8879.JPG (64.3 KB, 0 views)
billymack is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2017, 06:13 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

He said the '10 was might mileage, it's actually a easy transplant as long as the batteries are out of both.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 12:28 PM   #13
Farmlife
Not Yet Wild

$8300 good god. If I can ask what is one of them go for? Just an FYI I know about jack about golf carts but nothing I seen with a frame and front end screams $8300.
Farmlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 01:40 PM   #14
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by billymack View Post
Good question. The $8,300 estimate from the local EZGO dealer has the weld word listed 3 times?
I can see $8300 in a shop.

That whole frame rail is bent front to rear! and more then likely the other one is tweaked!
Once in the shop and taken apart, I would bet the price will go up.

What can you buy it back for?

If you can do the work your self you could come out good, but if you have to pay some one to do the work, maybe not!

I may be a player if the price is right for the whole cart.

PM me
Gearhead1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 02:35 PM   #15
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
If they intend to weld the wishbone part of the frame, walk away from them. They do not know what they are doing. You can buy a whole new wishbone from E-Z-GO for under $2K. The cart is probably worth the buyback just for the good parts left on it. But the rule of thumb for vehicles is to never weld on a wishbone once it has been fabricated and tempered. Frame shops and frame fabricaters know how to temper a frame after they are through with all of the welding . You can drill and bolt things to one, and you can sandblast and powdercoat one without ruining the temper. But welding turns tempered steel into mild steel, and you can forget about it staying true after that. It'll tweak every time you hit a decent sized bump. You can find another wishbone, I did. In fact I ended up with two of them and I'm building an RXV chassis based road car with the extra one.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/road-...-road-car.html
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 06:26 PM   #16
billymack
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Bob. I never intended to have the cart repaired but the insurance company asked for an estimate to repair. They will be out on Wed to inspect and hopefully total. My plan is to buy back if possible and strip for parts. will post some pics as I tear it down and try and get a better idea of the damage to the wishbone. was thinking if wishbone was repairable converting to a roadster style cart.
billymack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 11:51 PM   #17
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thanks Bob. I never intended to have the cart repaired but the insurance company asked for an estimate to repair. They will be out on Wed to inspect and hopefully total. My plan is to buy back if possible and strip for parts. will post some pics as I tear it down and try and get a better idea of the damage to the wishbone. was thinking if wishbone was repairable converting to a roadster style cart.
I was going to go with Legend Race Cars Intl Thunder Roadster (indy style) body but they are a special order item. The wheelbase is a good match for the RXV chassis. That body is over 14 feet long. I wanted something that was in stock, so I chose the Bandolero. A bit small but it'll be quicker to have it on the road.

I would not give up on your 2016. Even if you have to buy a new wishbone from E-Z-GO, if you do the work yourself, it will be satisfying to bring it back from the dead.

I know where there is another RXV chassis, in eastern NC. I did not buy it because it had no rear transaxle with it, and I wanted a rear transaxle at that time. Now I have a spare rear transaxle. Funny how that works out. LOL

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO