lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2017, 05:45 PM   #11
dougs_huntingcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: E-Z-GO no longer provides technical support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Does that give CG too?
Lol!
dougs_huntingcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2017, 05:53 PM   #12
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I'll look and get back with you on that CG....

No it said to call tech support...

usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 07:00 PM   #13
FluxCapacitor
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
1. You have modified the cart in a way that changes the CG (center of gravity point)
2. Now without knowing the true CG you want the Manufacture to tell you where to jack the cart so it will be safe for you to crawl underneath and work on the cart.
Is that right? No wonder they hung up TGIF
Maybe I wasn't clear. My 2017 2Five is 100% stock! Zero Modifications!

However, a few years ago EZ-GO started putting six 8V batteries in all 2Fives instead of the original configuration of four 12V batteries. Also, the 2Five comes from the factory in either 2-Passenger or, like mine, in 4 Passenger.

The jack stand placement in the service manual creates a situation where the front tires come of the ground (or front jack stands) as soon as I let the hydraulic jack down off the axle.
FluxCapacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 07:20 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluxCapacitor View Post
Maybe I wasn't clear. My 2017 2Five is 100% stock! Zero Modifications!

However, a few years ago EZ-GO started putting six 8V batteries in all 2Fives instead of the original configuration of four 12V batteries. Also, the 2Five comes from the factory in either 2-Passenger or, like mine, in 4 Passenger.

The jack stand placement in the service manual creates a situation where the front tires come of the ground (or front jack stands) as soon as I let the hydraulic jack down off the axle.
I see. It think if you are having trouble jacking the cart up you shouldn't get under it. There is always the chance that something will make it fall.
That is why when I remove a tire it goes under the cart. This gives me 8" to live if something regrettable happens.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 07:31 PM   #15
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

You have to call somebody to ask where to put the jack stands?

Step away from the tool box......
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 08:24 PM   #16
FluxCapacitor
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
You have to call somebody to ask where to put the jack stands?

Step away from the tool box......
Really?

I have been working on, racing and restoring cars for over 30 years. Automotive design and fabrication is part of my life...I know a few things...

Placing jack stands on older or traditional unibody vehicles is easy but some newer vehicles with bonded aluminum bodies and carbon fiber bodies sometimes have VERY specific places for jack stands.

The RXV/2Five has plastic all over the place, which may not hold 1,100 lbs. There is a reason EZ-GO put a full page diagram in their service manual where to place the jack stands.

But hey, since you sound like an expert, why don't you give me your jack stand recommendations for a 2Five and let me return to my toolbox.
FluxCapacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 08:44 PM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 01:44 AM   #18
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I put the stands in the little "shoulder" on the frame just in front of the box where the leaf spring front mount is. It is a nice spot where the stand cant move, and is far enough back that the CG still works in favor of your head not hurting...
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 07:33 AM   #19
DaveTM
Gone Wild

If you buy a Smith & Wesson, Ruger, Savage, or just about any other American made firearm and have any issue with it, you can call the factory and they will connect you with a service tech. If they can't help you and you are the original purchaser, they will send you free, a prepaid shipping box to send said firearm back to the factory, fix it if something is broke, and send it back to you. All for free.

Oh....but we are talking carts.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 07:51 AM   #20
enki
Not Yet Wild

Sadly, this is becoming the SOP for most businesses nowadays. Gone are the days when companies actually cared about post-sale support or having a relationship with their customers. It used to be that you might actually buy something with "lifetime" support. Now you're lucky if you get a month or two of outsourced email-only assistance. But you can't completely blame the businesses -- there is a lot more competition and price comparisons now, meaning prices and margin are getting lower and lower. Good for buyers, but that means extra services have to be cut.
enki is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO