lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2017, 07:46 AM   #1
tguarino
Not Yet Wild

Default EZ Go - Accessories Hookup

Hi all,

Excuse me while I ramble...

36v EZGO

I have a 6 fuse waterproof fusebox (something close to this https://www.westmarine.com/buy/blue-...09_275_002_501

I am planning on getting a 36v ->12v reducer. Currently I have these 12v accessories

Headlights
Radio
Undercarriage lights
36v meter

Also I have a foot horn button i got for my birthday one year, but I have yet to install (not sure how really).

I currently have a 4 gang switch set for the dash, but I have never hooked anything up to it. But like to look of While wanting to add something like this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XPJ38WS?th=1 Would need to measure and see how to get that installed.

Anyway, curious how others have this stuff hooked up. I am really against the 12v battery idea, just because it seems like overkill and another issue with having to charge "that" battery as well.

The illuminated lights on the switches is a concern, I may need a override toggle to turn off all accessories.

Currently the lights are on the key (turn the key 2 positions) but would rather they be wired to a rocker switch. EDIT ** Thinking this over, might be best to keep this the way it is, this way lights are always avail, even if I "turn off" all accessories...

... Anyway ... Anyone have pictures or can explain how they hooked theirs up. I like the gang plate above, but doubt it will fit in the dash very well. It might...

sorry for rambling...
tguarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-20-2017, 09:30 AM   #2
dougs_huntingcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZ Go - Accessories Hookup

You will need to run the wires for accessories to the fuse box that is fed power from the voltage reducer. Wire the reducer to the pack. Each accessory should have its own fuse. The plate is an easy wire if you've got the space for it.
dougs_huntingcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:36 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

I have already done this TWICE and like it this way.

I have a 30 amp DC Converter.....and a fuse panel....my converter has a "trigger" wire.....but if the one you have doesn't, that's ok.....

I wired the trigger wire to the battery pack as well as the power (+) but within the "trigger" wire is a toggle switch.....so I can turn off ALL the ACC. at the same time.....or leave it on and can turn off each ACC by their individual switch....

Why is this a concern?? "The illuminated lights on the switches is a concern" the switches have 3 posts on the back of every switch. something like "power", "load", and ground" ..... obviously the POWER is the + going into the switch.....the LOAD is the opposite side of the switch (the thing you want to be able to turn on and off)....and the GROUND is the ground for light within the switch.....so when you turn on that ACC....the toggle lights up. IF you don't want the switch to light up.....just don't connect a Ground - to the switch and it will just be a regular toggle switch.

SO the last part of your question....you can see in mine, I have a POWER switch....that actually turns on my converter....its what the trigger wire is controlling and goes between the pack and the converter. so you would have to disconnect the wire from your key switch that would power the converter....connect power for the converter directly to the battery pack via the ON/OFF switch you have that will turn off all your ACC.

Here is my converter/fuse box set-up and my switch panel. and the back of the panel wired up......if you look close.....the TOP connections are the ground for the switch, that makes the switch light up.....so you can "piggy back" those all together so you end up with just one long ground going back to the fuse box.

PIC38.jpg PIC32.jpg PIC36.jpg
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:41 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

This diagram shows the basic plan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DC reducer diagram #1`.jpg (92.7 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO