lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2018, 08:50 AM   #51
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: best option for SOC for RXV ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmud10 View Post
Does anyone know what voltage I should be getting at the grey wire for soc? Mine is showing 31v and that seems odd.
It's not a battery voltage indication, it is a logic output from the controller to a display that interprets that signal and displays it as a SOC on an analog looking display. Listen to cgtech. Many people have fried their expensive controllers just by trying to read those SOC meter wires with a multimeter. There are 2 pins next to each other that get shorted together very easy by a probe... +48V and +5V. You won't even notice a spark as that +48V fries the controller and every 5V encoder/sensor on the cart. It can cost thousands of $ to replace everything that gets fried.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-26-2018, 01:16 AM   #52
Wakeboardfusion
Not Yet Wild

I purchased the digital SOC meter that has been discussed in this thread and have put together an install video to show the ease of installation. I am no professional, but it was pretty simple. After a full charge with my Delta Q I got 99% charged. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4ak8Eker-k
Wakeboardfusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 07:59 AM   #53
Notocer
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Notocer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 12:44 PM   #54
SBIRD!
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Welcome Awakeboard! Great first post, will help others(me). I'll be unhooking my batteries though because key is still hot in tow mode and I might spill beer in it or plug it in bassackwards.
SBIRD! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 06:50 PM   #55
oldnavycdr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Very nice video! It would have helped me install mine a few months ago. Follow up with your displayed percentage SOC. Mine never registers greater than 99% post charge and drops quicker than pack voltage indicates. But the pack voltage tracks perfectly with my DVM.
oldnavycdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 10:42 AM   #56
delete1616
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I know this is an older thread but I have a few questions. I recently purchased the eBay digital multifunction SOC meter. Install was very simple and straight forward. My first question is why would my Voltage on the SOC be a couple of tenths of a volt off from my pack voltage. I tested with a digital multimeter and got quite a bit higher reading than the gauge. Second does this gauge read from the controller and if so does that mean I'm not getting full voltage to the controller?
delete1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 05:52 PM   #57
rngilliland
Gone Wild

I have that SOC meter and it always reads 3 tenths of a volt lower than my multimeter. From what I have read on this site the digital meter, like the stock analog meter, is interpreting a signal from the controller instead of directly reading pack voltage.
rngilliland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 04:24 PM   #58
delete1616
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Gotcha, thanks for the information 👍
delete1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO