lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2017, 05:19 PM   #1
matthewsmith8923
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default ezgo pds

I have a 2006 ezgo pds cart. I bought and was told it needed new batteries. I charged the batteries that were in it and it worked but the cart was really slow. I started doing some digging and found one of the big posts on the solenoid was melted. I ordered a 36v solenoid from amazon $20 and replaced it. I had to put a new terminal end on the small red wire that goes to the post that went bad. I did that and now when I put it in forward the reverse buzzer comes on and the same in reverse. I do not see any wires touching . I unhooked the wires and hooked them back up. now the cart goes forward in forward and forward in reverse. all while the reverse buzzer is on. I am lost . please help
matthewsmith8923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-13-2017, 05:42 PM   #2
VanillaXtract
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: ezgo pds

I’m not at home to look, but it sounds like you have the wires reversed on your F-R switch. Maybe you have the buzzer on the neutral.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VanillaXtract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 05:53 PM   #3
matthewsmith8923
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

this is a pds cart. I have to 4ga wires on left side of solenoid. on same side little post a yellow wire. then the other little post blue wire. then on big right post a red wire and battery main positive 4ga wire
matthewsmith8923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 06:58 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It could be a bad controller.
Swap the smaller blk and wht wires on the controller (they have spade connectors) if the cart still goes in the same direction both ways the cotnroller is hash.
Look at the XCT400 controller and a real good solenoid like SW180 for the best results
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 09:35 PM   #5
VanillaXtract
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewsmith8923 View Post
this is a pds cart. I have to 4ga wires on left side of solenoid. on same side little post a yellow wire. then the other little post blue wire. then on big right post a red wire and battery main positive 4ga wire
The small red wire is the reverse buzzer. You can just disconnect it until someone chimes in. I'll be home tomorrow and look at my wiring.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:39 PM   #6
VanillaXtract
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-diagrams.html

Post #3

Tags
buzzer always on, forward only, reverse only
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO