lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-08-2017, 11:06 PM   #1
RealFLNative
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO PDS speed sensor damage

I had my EZGO PDS in the shop a while back. I finally convinced the guy to check the speed sensor. HE replaced it and it ran great....for a while. After a week it started acting up again and going in and out of limp mode, max 5mph. I've had it in 2 other shops since then, replaced the controller and the batteries. I was about to replace the motor when I decided to check the speed sensor myself. I pulled it out and found there was no inner retaining ring between the sensor and the magnet. I assume there should be one anyway. It looks like there are 2 channels for retaining rings, but there was only an outer one installed. Looks like the sensor was in crooked, rubbing on the magnet for a little bit. My question is, am I wasting my time by running to the auto part store 5 minutes from the house for another retaining ring and try this sensor again? Am I going to continue to have issues because of the damage to the face of the sensor? Would I be better off just driving straight to the golf cart shop and getting a new sensor?

Thanks,
JC
RealFLNative is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-09-2017, 12:12 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO PDS speed sensor damage

The speed sensor is held in position by an inner and an outer snap ring.

Rubbing together might have damaged both the sensor and the magnet disk, but I'd get a snap ring and give it a try before replacing them.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO