lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2017, 07:43 AM   #21
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV Battery Meter

There is no comparison between E-Z-GO RXV fuel gauge and this Digital Analog Multi-Function meter. But it does have a few draw backs. The hour meter can’t be reset and the read out is hard to see in the direct sunlight just like all digital read out meters. This meter really shines after dark makes you think you’re in a car. I would recommend this meter to anyone with an RXV.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2017, 04:01 PM   #22
oldnavycdr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

My issue with the meter is that it has never displayed 100% SOC even those the voltage sensed post charge is clearly 100% (51.6V). So, there has to be some slop in the % readings. Other than that, it really is a nice meter and lets you keep track of your under load voltages as well as SOC. I'm going to ask to exchange and see if the discrepancy is in the meter or the sensing voltage off the controller. Clearly it is getting 5V plus, reading over 51V but displaying less that 100% SOC.
oldnavycdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 09:00 PM   #23
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

If anyone is interested, I can get you this exact meter fro 60.00 each,
with free shipping. pm me if interested.

They are pretty cool!!
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 08:29 AM   #24
wingnut2000
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I got mine installed and it is hard to read with sunlight on it and it says 95% when I am full charged
wingnut2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 09:34 AM   #25
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Ask to send it back if it isn't right. Sunlight will hurt any digital readout so that would be expected.
Old 03-05-2018, 08:10 PM   #26
BMWhitesel
Not Yet Wild

I have a question on the EZGO RXV Charge Meter Plug And Play Multifunction. I installed it in my 2012 EZGO RXV 48V cart and I am only showing an 88% Charge. I have 6- 8volt batteries and they are each showing over 8V. When I check all the batteries tied together I am showing 50.6 and 50.6 on the Digital Guage. My factory "gas gauge" type meter showed a full charge. Any ideas or suggestions?
BMWhitesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 08:37 PM   #27
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Get back with the seller and tell them what it is doing. See what they tell you and let us know.
Old 03-05-2018, 08:59 PM   #28
BMWhitesel
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
Get back with the seller and tell them what it is doing. See what they tell you and let us know.
Right now they said it could be my charger. Cheap charger from EZGO? but I just had my charger rebuilt and also used my buddies charger to charge them. I don't think it's the charger but i will see what else they may think the problem may be.
I charged each individual battery with a trickle charger. Show all the batteries in the circuit at 50.6 on my handheld volt meter, and the multimeter also displays 50.6. but only at 87%. the electric "gas gauge" meter i replaced showed full when I took it out.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:22 PM   #29
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

That is correct IF you are using one of those light weight " toaster" chargers.

Those crappy chargers only charge batteries to 88 %!!
i have 18 RXV customers that i have installed this meter in their cart, and at the same time sold them a DPI charger. The DPI charger has raised that original 88 % number, up to 100% in some cases.
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 10:01 PM   #30
BMWhitesel
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey tennis shoe View Post
That is correct IF you are using one of those light weight " toaster" chargers.

Those crappy chargers only charge batteries to 88 %!!

i have 18 RXV customers that i have installed this meter in their cart, and at the same time sold them a DPI charger. The DPI charger has raised that original 88 % number, up to 100% in some cases.

why do each of my batteries show over 8v and the series shows 50.6v, if the charger was not fully charging them, shouldn’t I have lower volts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO