lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-14-2018, 06:03 PM   #1
SilverRXV
Not Yet Wild

Default 2009 EZGO RXV won’t move. HELP!!!

Hey guys, new to the forum, have done a lot of reading on different topics but now I have a problem with my cart and was hoping someone could help.

I have a 2009 ezgo RXV that had been great for the last year, batteries are a little sluggish but had worked great for short distance drives. I just drive the cart 2 days ago and everything was normal, brought it home, put I on charge in the garage like usual. Now today I tried to ride it but when I try to put the cart in gear the cart CLICKS multiple times (like its trying to go into gear) and then stops clicking but the cart will not move when I try and press the pedal. I have tried pulling back on the gas and break pedal to make sure it was not stuck forward but that doesn’t fix it. Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!
SilverRXV is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-15-2018, 07:44 AM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2009 EZGO RXV won’t move. HELP!!!

In order to help you we will need to know what your pack voltage is. You need a DVM (digital volt meter) to get this. It should be close to 50.90 volts.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 06:01 PM   #3
SilverRXV
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply! Another source told me it could be the solenoid, I have already ordered a new one, it should be here tomorrow. When I get home from work tomorrow I’ll check the batteries with a meter and post my results on here.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:47 PM   #4
rngilliland
Gone Wild

Some things I have seen that kept a RXV from moving. Loose connection on a battery. Couldn't tell it was loose by looking. The tow switch wouldn't work either with the loose connection. Bad parking brake. That is what I have seen the most. I think it tests the parking brake after you turn the key and if it doesn't pass it won't move. On mine the first click I hear is the solenoid and then the parking brake. If the solenoid doesn't fix yours I would look at the brake next.
rngilliland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 11:05 PM   #5
SilverRXV
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply! I was actually reading the same thing on multiple sites. I’m going to test my battery pack tomorrow morning when I get off, check all of my battery cables to make sure they are tight, then if that doesn’t work, I’ll change the solenoid, and if that still doesn’t work I’ll look into the parking break as well. I’d like to look up how to test it before purchasing a new one though. It’s not just $30 like the solenoid.
Old 02-16-2018, 06:36 AM   #6
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRXV View Post
Thanks for the reply! I was actually reading the same thing on multiple sites. I’m going to test my battery pack tomorrow morning when I get off, check all of my battery cables to make sure they are tight, then if that doesn’t work, I’ll change the solenoid, and if that still doesn’t work I’ll look into the parking break as well. I’d like to look up how to test it before purchasing a new one though. It’s not just $30 like the solenoid.
Like others here, my feeling is you need to check your battery pack voltage while you are trying to go. The RXV is VERY sensitive to battery pack voltage. You mentioned that it was sluggish? That is a classic sign of the input voltage dropping under load. If you continued to operate an RXV in this condition, it would eventually currupt the memory map of the controller. And you do not want that to happen, expecially with a Danaher controller, as that is a fatal condition for that type of controller! FSIP can restore it, but it won't be inexpensive. Your money would be better spent on a new set of batteries, rather than chasing issues caused by you continuing to try to operate your RXV with weak batteries.

Danaher controllers are expensive and hard to find. Curtis RXV controllers are easier to find, and they can be recovered from a memory map corruption fairly easy. So, first things first... Charge your batteries several times, back to back, to ensure that they are as charged as they are going to get.

Using a DMM (Digital MultiMeter) or DVM (Digital VoltMeter), check your battery pack voltage (Key Off) at rest, at least 12 hours after the last charge. Then while the DMM/DVM is still connected, turn the key to forward, and note what the battery voltage drops down to. Report that back here. We'll go from there before you start spending money replacing parts that are not really bad. The RXV is really good at wasting your money if you don't do proper testing. Where are you located?

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 01:57 PM   #7
SilverRXV
Not Yet Wild

Thanks again for all the reply’s. I just used a digital volt meter to check everything an this is what I am getting...

1- with the key in the off position the the battery pack reads 47.5 volts.
2- keeping the volt meter probes in the same position, I turned the key to reverse. At that time the clicking sound occurs and clicks back and forth (sounds like the cart is trying to switch into gear) so right when I turn the key the volt meter reads 45.1 volts then the click sound happens and every time it clicks the meter reads “OL”.
3- the cart continues to “click” like this roughly every two seconds.

Keep in mind the cart was fully charged after being on charge for a few days and has been off since Wednesday evening at 5pm. I recorded a video of all of this happening, I wish I could upload the video to this site to better explain myself. If anybody had any idea what problem this sounds like I would be more than happy to email or text the 30 second clip to you so you can get a better idea. Thank you all in advance!
Old 02-16-2018, 02:13 PM   #8
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

48v on 4x12v batteries is @40% charged you have dead batteries.

fix battery issue before wasting money.

location in your account info might help you get local help.

good luck.
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 02:32 PM   #9
SilverRXV
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply. I was asked by a few guys on another website to test each battery individually and this is what I came up with. The first number is the same individual battery's volts with the key off, and the second number is the battery’s volts with the key turned to reverse.

1- 12.68 to 12.65
2- 9.61 to “O.L”
3- 12.59 to 12.55
4- 12.61 to 12.56

It appears that battery number 2 is the problem! Do y’all think just replacing the batteries will fix all of my issues?
Old 02-16-2018, 02:47 PM   #10
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Yep!
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO