lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2018, 10:09 AM   #1
myomyezgo
Not Yet Wild

Default Get large bronze bushing on steering housing

Hello all, I have a 1999 36v Ezgo Txt Series cart with a lot of play in the steering wheel. After checking underneath the cart while someone turned the wheel I found that the play was in the large bushing inside the steering housing. After checking my parts manual, I found that the service kit, number 75364-G01 includes the steering bracket and bushing for around $175.00. I only want to change the bronze bushing and I'm sure many people have encountered this same situation before me.
Does anyone know of anyone or anyplace where this bronze bushing can be gotten without buying the steering housing? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
myomyezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2018, 10:41 AM   #2
noxin
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Get large bronze bushing on steering housing

You can try a google search for "ezgo flanged steering bearing", brings back lots of options.

For example http://ezgolfcart.com/i-2743981-flan...-steering.html

Let me know how you do getting it replaced, I started on it last year but didn't have the tools I needed at the time to remove the bearing.
noxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:43 PM   #3
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Get large bronze bushing on steering housing

Try EZGO OE # 70185-G01. You should find lots of availability. I've done a bunch of them. A big "C" clamp and flat piece of bar stock - used a big impact socket to push the old bushing out. Just make sure the hole in the side of the bushing lines up with the grease fitting in the housing.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:50 PM   #4
myomyezgo
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: Get large bronze bushing on steering housing

Thanks guys, was able to find the bushing real fast, so happy to be here.
myomyezgo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
loose steering, play in bronze bushing
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO