lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2018, 06:10 PM   #1
Lv2fish27
Not Yet Wild

Default 1992 ezgo have 36v controller bad?

I have replaced the potentiometer and solenoid on my 92 ezgo marathon 36v golf cart and it still don't move. Batteries show good voltage it has an alltrax axe4834p controller the controller has a burnt smell to it and so I am thinking it's bad. What controller do I need to go back with they don't make that alltrax anymore and I don't know what to buy don't want to spend anymore than I have to.
Lv2fish27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-02-2018, 06:14 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1992 ezgo have 36v controller bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lv2fish27 View Post
I have replaced the potentiometer and solenoid on my 92 ezgo marathon 36v golf cart and it still don't move. Batteries show good voltage it has an alltrax axe4834p controller the controller has a burnt smell to it and so I am thinking it's bad. What controller do I need to go back with they don't make that alltrax anymore and I don't know what to buy don't want to spend anymore than I have to.
And you are 100% right. Minimum replacement control is Alltrax SR48300. We have them in stock for $399
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 06:59 PM   #3
Lv2fish27
Not Yet Wild

Scottyb do you have any other brand of controller that will work that is less expensive?
Lv2fish27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 08:53 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lv2fish27 View Post
Scottyb do you have any other brand of controller that will work that is less expensive?
No. We used to sell a semi popular less expensive brand with a 1 yr warranty rather than Alltrax 2 yr warranty but it had fewer features like reverse polarity protection & free user programming. But worse of all they denied 99% of all failures within the warranty period whereas Alltrax pays off on 99% of all failures (some we know were user error) & so I said screw it, I'm gonna carry the best and that's it
Old 03-02-2018, 09:24 PM   #5
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
No. We used to sell a semi popular less expensive brand with a 1 yr warranty rather than Alltrax 2 yr warranty but it had fewer features like reverse polarity protection & free user programming. But worse of all they denied 99% of all failures within the warranty period whereas Alltrax pays off on 99% of all failures (some we know were user error) & so I said screw it, I'm gonna carry the best and that's it
You get what you pay for!
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 07:50 AM   #6
outdoorsman.rc1988
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I believe that I have the same issue. I also have a 92 marathon but it has the original controller. I installed new batteries yesterday and I have 0-5500 ohms coming out of the POT box. I believe my controller is bad any input ScottyB?
outdoorsman.rc1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:36 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I'm not surprised if you are right. 26 year old speed controller should need replacing. Assuming you have power to pin #1 and a good throttle signal...
You can test controller output between B- and M- while trying to go. Should be pack voltage just as the solenoid closes and near 0v at full throttle.
Old 03-08-2018, 06:01 AM   #8
outdoorsman.rc1988
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I'm not surprised if you are right. 26 year old speed controller should need replacing. Assuming you have power to pin #1 and a good throttle signal...
You can test controller output between B- and M- while trying to go. Should be pack voltage just as the solenoid closes and near 0v at full throttle.
ScottyB,
Last night I checked voltage at B- and M-. With the pedal mashed just enough to close the solenoid it was at 39V. With the pedal to the floor it was around 33v. That should be at 0v correct? I also pulled the motor to check the brushes, they are worn but not worn bad enough to be considered the problem. Also I'm getting over 6000 ohms at full pedal out of the pot box. How can I get that resistance down? I also sent you an Email. Thanks for the help!!!
outdoorsman.rc1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO