lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2018, 03:13 PM   #1
6.5swee
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 94 EZGO TXT quits pulling uphill

My 94 cart has new batteries, upgraded controller (350-400 i think), HD solenoid, HD F and R switch, and 4 gauge cables. It has been running great but lately it has been sluggish or slower when going up steep hills. The more i ride it the worse it gets.

This weekend it slowed and started shaking or quivering. I thought i was spinning on wet ground. Come to find out the wheels weren't spinning at all. When the cart rolls to level ground it will run normal. Start up hill and the cart will quit moving and start quivering all over. The motor acts like it wants to engage but cant. 2 Riders make it worse so load is an issue or factor.

The motor was blazing hot to the touch. Let the cart cool off and it works fine until it starts warming up and starts all over. All connections are tight and there is no corrosion anywhere. I am guessing bad motor? After all its the only thing that hasn't been replaced. I have a meter and am capable of taking measurements.

Any help or comments appreciated
Thanks
Ray
6.5swee is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2018, 03:47 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 94 EZGO TXT quits pulling uphill

Check your battery voltage at a standstill and then monitor battery voltage when the cart is shuddering. I'm sure you will find that pack voltage has dropped to an unacceptable level causing the motor to draw excessive amounts amperage to make up for the missing voltage.... resulting in the excess heat. Stop - you can hurt your motor.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO