lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2018, 11:17 AM   #1
Ralpha3313
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Alltrax Precharge Error

The Alltrax SR 48-500 is flashing for a Precharge error. Is there anything other than a solenoid / resistor that could cause that error code.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Ralpha3313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2018, 09:14 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Alltrax Precharge Error

The A1 wire needs to go to the B+ terminal on controller, not on the solenoid. Had this problem get me once.

Never got a solid answer why it would cause a problem, since it was the other end of the same cable, but swapping it solved the problem.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 09:36 PM   #3
Ralpha3313
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
The A1 wire needs to go to the B+ terminal on controller, not on the solenoid. Had this problem get me once.

Never got a solid answer why it would cause a problem, since it was the other end of the same cable, but swapping it solved the problem.
Thanks.

This was running perfect for 6 months until it was stored for the winter. I was wondering about the its sensor, or microswitch as it is only flashing red after pedal is pushed.

Old 04-22-2018, 08:12 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Check to see that the solenoid is clicking when the pedal is pressed and that the solenoid is actually closing.

Verify the solenoid is actually working.
Remove the pre-charge resistor from the big terminals.
Disconnect the controller (B+) to solenoid cable from the solenoid.
Put the voltmeter on battery main (-) and the solenoid big terminal with the battery cable on it = this should read the same as the battery pack.
Now press the pedal so the solenoid clicks and move the red lead to the other big solenoid post = this should also now read the same as the battery pack. Now release the pedal and the power should disappear. Re-test several times to see that the solenoid is consistently closing when it clicks and opening when the pedal is lifted.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 08:18 AM   #5
Ralpha3313
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Check to see that the solenoid is clicking when the pedal is pressed and that the solenoid is actually closing.

Put the voltmeter on battery main (-) and the solenoid big terminal with the battery cable on it = this should read the same as the battery pack.
Now press the pedal so the solenoid clicks and move the red lead to the other big solenoid post = this should also now read the same as the battery pack. Now release the pedal and the power should disappear. Re-test several times to see that the solenoid is consistently closing when it clicks and opening when the pedal is lifted.
Thanks. I am going to run through these right now. I did pull off the diamond plate, and open up pedal box to find micro switch no longer had the metal lever piece to open / close solenoid attached, it had broken off(explains the no clicking previously) it was already open at all times. Now if I manually push the green button on the switch it is clicking.

Not sure if it constantly being open could have damaged solenoid or resistor as well. I'll run through these tests.

Thanks for the guidance.

Old 04-22-2018, 09:08 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If the solenoid was activated for more than 10 hours continuous the coil may have failed or the contacts may have burned.
Old 04-22-2018, 09:11 AM   #7
Ralpha3313
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
If the solenoid was activated for more than 10 hours continuous the coil may have failed or the contacts may have burned.
Would that lean more towards the resistor, or whole solenoid?

Old 04-22-2018, 01:10 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I gave you everything you need to test the solenoid so you do not have to guess.
Old 04-22-2018, 03:18 PM   #9
Ralpha3313
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:

Hey man. Just tried this ... At the large terminal with the battery connected, I am only getting .83 for some reason... Pack is registering 37.82.

Old 04-22-2018, 05:55 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

So the power is not making it from the battery pack to the solenoid?
Bad cable or connections, right?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO