lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2018, 10:04 AM   #11
brianj24
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Radio Install

I am installing a Rocker Switch to the radio. I don’t want to wire it to the key switch because I don’t want to have to have the key in to play the radio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brianj24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-24-2018, 10:53 AM   #12
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianj24 View Post
I am installing a Rocker Switch to the radio. I don’t want to wire it to the key switch because I don’t want to have to have the key in to play the radio.

I have mine wired this way. I like to use my accessories without the chance of the dog, kid, etc making the cart go. As Sergio said, my Jensen head unit doesn’t require any power to maintain presets, which makes everything much simpler.

Whatever you decide to do, you’ve got a couple of really knowledgeable guys on your thread now. They’ll get you lined out with whatever option you choose.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 12:01 PM   #13
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sformal View Post
By itself, I do not think the drain is important but if you have to keep the voltage reducer on, then it is another story...

The documentation of the reducer should indicate the power (when just on).
Out of curiosity I measured the input current of a cheap voltage reducer 36 to12 volt @10 amp (my spare) connected to fully charged 36 volt battery in my golf cart. I measured .0335 amps or 33.5 milliamps with nothing connected to voltage reducer output. If you want to measure input current on one of these devices it draws a heavy initial peak current evidenced by a big spark when connected so be careful not to damage amp meter. I bypassed meter with a jumper and removed it after making connection to battery to take reading. That's about 1.2 watts drain.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 12:26 PM   #14
brianj24
Not Yet Wild

I ground the radio to the negative wire on the 48V reducer right?

brianj24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 07:46 PM   #15
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The radio negative goes to the reducer negative.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, radio, wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO