lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2018, 01:51 PM   #11
bubba4dad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2007 Ez-Go TXT, PDS 36 volt all factory electronics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaXtract View Post
I have recently upgraded my cart, so if you need I have a stock 36V charger, controller, motor, and solenoid. I even have a PowerPulse battery maintainer which increased my pack voltage by about 1 volt over the course of a couple of weeks.
Are you wanting to sell these items?
bubba4dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2018, 11:57 AM   #12
bubba4dad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2007 Ez-Go TXT, PDS 36 volt all factory electronics. Need Help with Part Numbers

I guess I will start with a new controller and solenoid. I want to keep it at 36 volts for now but is there a controller/solenoid combination that will work on 36 volts but also work on 48 volts? When my batteries need replacing, I am going to either go to the 42 volts with the stock motor or possible go to 48 volts with a new motor. but for now I just need to get the cart going again for the grandkids.

I was hoping to hear from Scottyb with suggested parts and part numbers...lol

I don't know if I need the 400 amp or 500 amp controller and if they are universal for the voltage.

Scottyb - HELP!
Old 05-23-2018, 12:14 PM   #13
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2007 Ez-Go TXT, PDS 36 volt all factory electronics. Need Help with Part Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba4dad View Post
I guess I will start with a new controller and solenoid. I want to keep it at 36 volts for now but is there a controller/solenoid combination that will work on 36 volts but also work on 48 volts? When my batteries need replacing, I am going to either go to the 42 volts with the stock motor or possible go to 48 volts with a new motor. but for now I just need to get the cart going again for the grandkids.

I was hoping to hear from Scottyb with suggested parts and part numbers...lol

I don't know if I need the 400 amp or 500 amp controller and if they are universal for the voltage.

Scottyb - HELP!
The altrax controllers will work on both. I had to get a different resistor for mine when I upped the voltage, but I think that varies with drive types? It’s not a big deal, if you do have to change it.

The 400 solenoid also works on both.

You will need longer battery cables for 48v

Tell these guys what you plan to use the cart for and they can recommend what size controller you need:

Large tires?
Desired speed?
Number of passengers?
Type of terrain?
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 06:41 AM   #14
bubba4dad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

This is a dumb question - Why would I need longer cables for the 48 volt?

Are the batteries a different physical size?
Old 05-24-2018, 07:09 AM   #15
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Same size but the posts are on the same side unlike the 6v's where they are on the opposite side. So the 5 cables that connect the 6v batteries together usually aren't long enough for the 8v's.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 08:41 PM   #16
Fegarex
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have the same issue with my 2003 when I "putt" around (not golf putting) seems like keeping a steady speed/load overheats it and will shut down for a few minutes. If I am just road cruising it is fine. My plan is a new controller and solenoid. Hope it will solve most of the issues.
Fegarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 01:44 PM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The stock controller can't really deal with 23" tires unless you are in a Florida parking lot. The 23s represent a 27% increase in gear ratio and an equal loss of torque.
The stock 36v PDS motor is not a candidate for 48v operation. It is okay on 42v (7/6v) and will make 15% more speed and torque on the higher voltage assuming it is in good condition. Combine this with the XCT400 controller/200 solenoid and you will have a 50% increase in torque and about 7 mph more depending upon several factors unique to your cart like brake drag, tire inflation, battery condition, aerodynamics, and load.
If the motor needs replacing use the MOT-B2 10 hp torque/speed motor from Admiral.
I hope this helps.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 02:47 PM   #18
bubba4dad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Scotty - Do you suggest the 400 amp kit or the 500 amp kit?
Old 05-29-2018, 04:58 PM   #19
CrazyDad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The price difference between the 400 and 500 is about $50 when you get the kit with cables and factor in the fan. If you get the big motor later you’ve the best one already. Also since you mentioned grand kids consider the key lock that lets you limit speed when they are driving it.

If your batteries are still only getting to 70-80% you might need to factor in some new ones very soon. They’re pretty new so try this, charge it until charger goes off, unplug and check water levels and fill with distilled water to cover the metal plates inside by 1/4 to 1/2 inch. Then charge again until charger goes off. Unplug and plug it back in to start another charge. Wait 12 hours and check pack voltage. Hopefully to goes to 90% or so. If that works you need to charge it every week if possible.

If you need batteries then you’ll need a new charger to go up in voltage. You’ll now have one that keeps them charged all the time all you have to do is keep an eye on water levels. Then $435 get you a motor and your done since either way you got the controller kit.

I just did that this week end. Went to 48v, 500 controller, and B2 motor. Doubled my top speed(28 mph) more than doubled my speed up hills and don’t have to worry about cart dying. As a bonus I got a free meter in the dash to keep an eye on things.
CrazyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 12:35 PM   #20
bubba4dad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

If I go with the 500 amp controller and 400 amp solenoid and stay at 36 volts for now. When I get ready to upgrade to 48 volts and buy new batteries, motor, & charger, what do I have to do to the controller and solenoid for it to operate on the 48 volts vs the 36 volts.

I would order the longer 48 volt cables now and just use them on the 6 volt batteries.

Also, could I buy 5- 8 volt batteries and run 40 volts? Then when I get ready to buy a new motor I could buy the 6th battery? Just curious.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO