lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2018, 11:53 AM   #1
brutus4527
Not Yet Wild

Default 2008 RXV won't move, but clicks

New Member here.

I have a 2008 RXV, that won't move.

I replaced the "gas gauge" voltmeter in the dash a few weeks ago with a digital gauge that i saw on youtube. It toggles between voltage, % capacity and an hour meter. It worked well and i was happy with it.

A few days ago, the cart was used by some folks at a reception at my course and it was dead when i went to drive home. So i charged it the next morning, but while it showed 51 volts, the % meter was at 4%. I turn the switch and it clicks like it should, but the card doesn't try to move.

I towed it home and i have been struggling ever since.

I have charged it several times, and also checked with a 12v car charged on each battery. all batteries appear good and charged to 95% capacity.

The solenoid also appears fine.

I need to check the brakes and some other things i found on this forum.

One question is, whether the voltmeter could be causing a problem? I don't understand why it should be reading 4%.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
brutus4527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2018, 11:30 PM   #2
jkredman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2008 RXV won't move, but clicks

You simply unplugged the gas gauge style & plugged in the digital?

I did that and haven’t had a problem.

Do you perhaps have any 12 volt accessories that are running off one of the batteries, vs. a voltage reducer?
jkredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 04:35 AM   #3
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2008 RXV won't move, but clicks

The SOC guage does not read the pack voltage itself to determine the SOC reading, it only displays what the controller calculates the SOC to be. So if the controller calculates the SOC to be low, no matter what the actual voltage reads, it will not operate. When an RXV is run way below 50%, it can lose track of SOC. To reset it, flip the run/tow switch to tow, key off. and disconnect all of the wires from the battery pack positive terminal, and leave it disconnected for a few hours. Keeping it in in tow mode with the key off, reconnect the wires and secure them tightly. Flip it back to run mode, turn on the key in neutral for about 5 seconds and turn it back off. Plug in the charger and let it charge fully. After the charger shuts off, wait several hours and then start another charge cycle. After that completes, turn on the key in neutral and see if your SOC guage reads normal once again. If so, go ahead and try driving it. Never allowing it to go below 50% again is best. When you install new batteries, they must be broken in, and the controller is going to have difficulty with trying to calculate SOC with new batteries while they are breaking in. So any time you change batteries in the future, you may need to repeat this SOC guage "reset" one or more times.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2008 rvx
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO