lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2018, 02:56 PM   #1
Kristjan G
Not Yet Wild

Default intermittent running " maybe its problem "

Hi guys,.

Well ., im a total newbie when it comes to carts..

This is my first try at fixing one , and this is even the first one i have even as much as sat on.

I know its a ezgo , and i know by using this forum it uses ITS.

The cart belongs to a friend that cant figure things like this out at all , i have done alot of electrics just not with a cart , i have worked for Bang&Olufsen and a place called SpaceCom that makes satelitte antenna´s for the marine industri, so using a multimeter or a soldering iron aint new to my hands ;))

I have registrered following :

Solonoid clicks when i depress the pedal and so does microswitch.

batteries are fine

I have checked almost every wire i can find and found nothing broken or blue.

forward reverse button works like a charm.

I tried taking all molex connectors and clean both ends with contact cleaner and that actually made a BIG difference.

To start with the solonoid would click and it would like move maybe an inch then nothing , like if it was taking the very last juice in the batt..

After i cleaned the connectors it can actually run but with intermittent loss of power like it was to begin with , leading me to think maybe im dealing with 2 different flaws ? And im thinking maybe ITS might be at fault ?

Im sorry if im not " pro " precise enough with descriptions , but im just a total newbie when it comes to these beauties.

And i have no idea what age or model it is cause only place i can see on google to find that is a model plate in the front and that has been removed by previous owner for some reason.

So any attempt to help will be greatly appriciated.

I live in Denmark " europe " so i wont always be able to reply right away.

Many thanks ,

Kristjan G
Kristjan G is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2018, 03:50 PM   #2
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: intermittent running " maybe its problem "

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...en-system.html

Start with using the link above to I’d the drive type. From there I’d put a meter on the pack, and each individual battery, to get an idea of their health. Post that info and the gurus will get you going.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 06:27 PM   #3
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Compare your battery voltages to this chart to determine if they are really taking the very last juice in the batt.. These are no load voltages.
Attached Images
File Type: png state20of20charge20for20print.PNG (170.2 KB, 0 views)
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 05:02 AM   #4
Kristjan G
Not Yet Wild

Hi guys .,

batteries are in prime condition ., Trojan T-105 6v 220ah , all rating between 6.30 to 6.34 so around 95 procent health..

And going after the link its a Sepex PDS system...

So let the gurus in :)

Looking forward to hear more :)

and thanks alot for so swift respond..

Kristjan
Old 07-07-2018, 01:28 PM   #5
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Be sure you checked the 4 pin molex plug between the pedal box and controller. Sometimes it gets hidden in the wiring and it contains the ITS and microswitch circuits. Make some voltage measurements on the big solenoid terminals when solenoid is energized while cart is acting up.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 01:41 PM   #6
Kristjan G
Not Yet Wild

Wink Re: intermittent running " maybe its problem "

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioman View Post
Be sure you checked the 4 pin molex plug between the pedal box and controller. Sometimes it gets hidden in the wiring.
That one got cleaned also ., :)

Im pretty confident that i got all connectors , worked so much with electronics and also as car mechanic so i know all about connectors that get lost in a harness chaos... :)))

Will check voltage on solonoid tomorrow when i get up... :)
Old 07-09-2018, 01:39 PM   #7
Kristjan G
Not Yet Wild

Sorry guys ., havent had the time to check the voltage yet , and now im out of town a couple of days , but as soon as i can i will check the voltage on the solanoid

thx again
Old 07-10-2018, 12:46 PM   #8
Kristjan G
Not Yet Wild

Came back early :)

Look , i have found something i think might be something ;)

First the reading on the 2 secondary terminals on the solanoid , when energized and acting up the voltage drops to 0.5v., so almost nothing...

There is fine continuity between the primary terminals, so the coil should be fine.

BUT .,

When i started listening to it ,when it fails it sounds as the solanoid engages and then lets go again.. you can hear the normal engaging click, the cart moves an inch and then you hear a secondary click that sounds more week then the first and it stops its movement..

and to me it sounds as its getting energized but then looses power.

So hopefully the braniacs know something that can isolate my problem., althoug im thinking of just buying both solanoid and its sensor and replace both..

Best regards

Kristjan
Old 07-10-2018, 02:40 PM   #9
Kristjan G
Not Yet Wild

Had a bit of an incident , dont know if its related.. but the key was turned to off , but the forward reverse button was on reverse, and suddenly the reverse beep started beeping like crazy just by it self ???

dont know if that might be related or just something else..
Old 07-11-2018, 02:57 PM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

PDS carts have a "walkaway" safety feature that sounds the beeper rapidly if the controller gets an input from the speed sensor while the pedal is up and if the cart tries to roll faster than 2MPH (3.2KPH), the regen braking is turned on.

Whenever the Run/Tow switch is in the Run position, the Walkaway safety is active. It can only be turned off by placing the Run/Tow switch in the Tow position.

-------
The controller has a diagnostic mode that might beep an error code when cart misbehaves. The text at the bottom of the attached PDS label tells you how to put controller in diagnostic mode.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PDS Label on Controller Cover.JPG (142.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO