lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2018, 04:21 PM   #1
illumastorm
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default axle ratio

i picked up a ez-go electric axle for my project. i counted the number of turns the input shaft made (where the elect motor attaches) an rotated the wheel. 1 rotation the wheel made the input shaft spin 6.4 times. so does that mean this diff has a ratio of 6.4-1? an if so from what i found those are high speed gears? if it is then this thing is gonna fly LOL...
illumastorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2018, 05:47 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: axle ratio

and if so.....you will need to apply a lot of power/torque to have a decent take off speed, otherwise it will be a dog.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 10:39 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I bet only one wheel was spinning when you checked it. Both wheels must turn even amounts to test that way (like with the cart on the ground pushing it)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:07 PM   #4
illumastorm
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

yea only 1 wheel was turning, i'll recheck with both wheels turning an count the input shaft turns.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:26 AM   #5
illumastorm
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

tested it by turning both wheels an now is showing 13-1 ratio.. why would there be a differance between 1 wheel turning or 2 wheels turning? oh well i can still change the sprocket size to get the ratio i want for speed, by the way i'm putting a CBR1000 bike motor in it, not the stock wimpy electric motor LOL,, i'll be posting pics an videos in the other section for this project so stay tuned.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:19 AM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by illumastorm View Post
tested it by turning both wheels an now is showing 13-1 ratio.. why would there be a differance between 1 wheel turning or 2 wheels turning? oh well i can still change the sprocket size to get the ratio i want for speed, by the way i'm putting a CBR1000 bike motor in it, not the stock wimpy electric motor LOL,, i'll be posting pics an videos in the other section for this project so stay tuned.
not that it really makes that much difference, but a STOCK duff is 12.44:1 so that is what you got.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:33 AM   #7
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

How are you gonna support the input shaft on the diff to stand the torque of that powerplant? The gearcase and input shaft, especially an electric one, is not designed to stand a pull like that. I would have started with a Club Car diff for a build like that, WAY stronger unit for serious torque.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 05:16 PM   #8
illumastorm
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

custom bracket an bearing. this will be my 3rd one. other 2 were done the same an diff's are still holding up fine on them, but they do have the stock tire size. this one will be lifted with mud tires so we'll see if it holds up. an if not them i'll do something different. learn as i go kinda deal an having fun at the same time
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO