lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-26-2018, 10:43 AM   #1
gwsmith1
Not Yet Wild

Default 97 36v Freedom upgrade questions

I have been digging through and reading as many threads as I can, but figured I would put my project out there and get some exact answers from all of the experts here. I have a 1997 EZGO Freedom 36v DCS cart that I am wanting to upgrade. I am looking at an Alltrax XCT 400amp controller with a 200 amp solenoid upgrade. I have already gone to 4 awg cables. I think that is the best setup as far as flexibility goes. This is a cart that we use at our place at the lake, so I like the capability to turn it down if the kids get too wild on it. It already has a rear seat and will be getting the hd leaf springs that I neglected to do when I installed it. My main question/quandary has to do with the wheels and tires. I am not sure exactly what size and setup is going to look best. Right now it is stock height but I am considering a 3 or 4 inch lift if needed. I want big wheels and tires but not ones that stick out and make it look like the Stomper trucks I played with as a kid (am I dating myself? Lol). Any suggestions about my plan or wheel/tire ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
gwsmith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2018, 10:06 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 97 36v Freedom upgrade questions

gw….considering you are planning to go bigger wheels and tires that would require a lift I would highly recommend going with the XCT500 amp controller and 400 amp solenoid. I just built that set up last fall and used a set of 23" tires and lifted it 6", run like a champ. such as item #8 on cartsunlimited.net

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/alltrax-xct-sepex--.html
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO