lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2018, 02:53 PM   #1
JimBouchie
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2015 Club Car Precedent Light Kit

I'm looking for a good light kit for my 2015 club car precedent. I have the 6 8v battery configuration. I think I'd like to have the LED lights. I know I'll need a voltage reducer and lean toward a 48v to 12v reducer because it draws on the entire battery pack, not just 2 batteries. I'll also need the wiring harness. I think I can handle the install from watching many videos online. Not sure what is a good brand of lights that won't break the bank. If possible I'd like brake lights as well, but do not need the turn signals or horn. Not trying to make it street legal, but some of the guys I golf with can't seem to tell when you are braking.

Any suggestions to a good brand to look for?
JimBouchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2018, 05:35 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: 2015 Club Car Precedent Light Kit

I use the Pro-Fit kit on all of my cars. Includes LED headlights, tail lights, turn signals, horn, hazard light switch, and brake lights. Also has a HI/LOW beam feature. Very easy to install and it comes with it's own 10 amp voltage reducer. It covers all the bases.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 02:56 PM   #3
JimBouchie
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok, so I figured out I already have a voltage regulator in the cart. Looks like a pretty god one from what I can tell. It's mounted to the frame under the front of the cart. All the wires go out to plugs that have a wiring harness attached to it. In the second picture the yellow arrow shows where it goes through the frame and the red arrow is where it goes through and behind the dash area. The third picture shows the plugs behind the instrument panel. How will the light kit attach to these plugs or will I have to run additional wiring from the batteries to make this work?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Voltage Regulator.jpg (74.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg VR Wiring 1.jpg (83.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg VR Plugs.jpg (82.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-23-2018, 03:08 PM   #4
Cynikal.Mindset
Not Yet Wild

your light kit instrument panel wiring harness will plug right in to the factory harness shown in your third pic...it will all be plug n play, super easy!

attach the bucket harness wiring to the battery pack main positive terminal and then the bucket harness negative to the OBC negative bullet connector and you will all be set
Cynikal.Mindset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 09:09 PM   #5
hunter99
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just to be clear the bucket harness plugs into one side and the light kit wire harness plugs into the other side. The plug the bucket harness plugs into should also have a grey cable with a bullet connector. In the end of the bucket harness sometimes the compatible cable is not pull out of the cable cover. You may need to do that. That cable will be the trigger wire for the converter only turning it on when you turn the key.
hunter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 01:28 PM   #6
JimBouchie
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

How does the 48v power get to the voltage reducer. All the wires coming out of the voltage reducer are connected to one of those 2 plugs.
Old 08-24-2018, 02:06 PM   #7
Cynikal.Mindset
Not Yet Wild

48v gets routed throught the factory harness to the reducer and then outputs to your instrument panel light kit harness then out to your lights...the plug and play reducers are slick like that and no extra running wires etc.
Cynikal.Mindset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 09:33 AM   #8
JimBouchie
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I contacted and purchased a Pro-Fit light kit from David Hicks at Revolution Golf. Being a novice I was apprehensive, but went ahead anyway. The kit was easy to install. I did have a couple questions and I emailed and texted David and got answers right away. Thanks David for all your help.
Old 10-03-2018, 04:14 PM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

You're very welcome. Thanks for your business.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 02:55 PM   #10
mef601
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
I use the Pro-Fit kit on all of my cars. Includes LED headlights, tail lights, turn signals, horn, hazard light switch, and brake lights. Also has a HI/LOW beam feature. Very easy to install and it comes with it's own 10 amp voltage reducer. It covers all the bases.
Hi David, Can you tell me if a Pro-Fit PF11232 light kit will work on a 2014 Precedent with 48V (six 8V)?
mef601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car