lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2018, 06:26 PM   #1
pdad
Not Yet Wild

Post 89 EZGO marathon - slow speed

Hello - I have an 89 Marathon series cart that is all stock. I have had an issue lately where the cart will sometimes be slightly jumpy/jerky when moving at speed with accelerator in a steady position. After awhile, the cart will start going only very slow (maybe half speed or less) and it will go no faster. Fully charged pack of 6V Duracells (38.4 volts) that I replaced about 1.5 months ago. No cable connections seem to be getting warm at all and all connections tight. Thinking maybe the stock controller could be going? Any suggestions on what to look for would be appreciated.

Strange part is the 4 connections on my motor are swapped S1 & S2 and A1 & A2 are connected opposite of all the wiring diagrams I can find (from where they connect to on the cart from schematic). Cart has been running this way since I got it about 2 years ago so I am figuring there may have been some variations in the past on wiring.

Thanks in advance...
pdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2018, 08:09 PM   #2
pdad
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 89 EZGO marathon - slow speed

Anyone have any suggestions on how to verify if my controller has an issue with my "variable" speed results (above)? Stock series cart, 36v '89 Marathon, solid state controller.
pdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
controller issue, electrical, slow speed
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO