lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2018, 03:10 PM   #1
HarryT
Gone Wild

Default Battery light stays on ?

On one of my fleet of 2015 Precidents the charge light stays on solid all the time. The batteries all check over 8 volts even with a load test on them. It even stays on when plugged in with the green light on the Eric charger flashing. I have left it on for hours and it does not go out. What could make it do this?
Harry
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2018, 07:10 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Battery light stays on ?

The reason for a sold light on the dash is SOC at <20%. Try this Harry to reset the ERIC charger since you verified the batteries to be good.

1. Unplug the DC cord from the vehicle.
2. Unplug the AC power from the power source.
3. Wait for the red light to go off, wait 30 seconds, then plug in the AC cord.
4. When the blue AC indicator light comes on, plug in the DC cord and let it go.

If the light is still on after this, then flip it to "Tow" and remove the Main Pack Neg cable for about a 1/2 hour and reconnect it. I'm was thinking its triggered only by the ERIC, but if it is still on after resetting the ERIC, this will clear anything else.

Note- You should have a Solid Green light on the ERIC when the Charge has completed - not a flashing Green.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 11:57 PM   #3
HarryT
Gone Wild

Default Re: Battery light stays on ?

Nole Fan;
I edited my question shortly after I posted it but apparently it did not post.
After I posted I thought I would try an old trick. I unplugged the charger, put it in tow, shut off the key and disconnected the positive cable for a couple of minutes. I then hooked up the batteries put it in run, turned on the key and plugged it in. All is working as designed now. I guess something had to be reset.
Thanks for your comeback;
Harry
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car