lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-20-2019, 09:37 PM   #11
ammonsrick
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cart won't charge

Ok this is what I did ( fingers crossed ) I bypassed the relay on my old charger because I noticed it had gotten real hot at one time. I took the fuse out of the gray line on the receptacle. I cut the black wire from the cart receptacle & ran it to the last negative post. I also added another 30 amp fuse to the black line. I know there’s one on the back of the receptacle but I added another. The charger seems to be working ok. I didn’t think it would work as I didn’t run the gray wire to the negative post but it does. Do you see any problems with this?
ammonsrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-20-2019, 10:48 PM   #12
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

What you have done is fine if you are using a smart charger. If you are using the club car charger you will cook your batteries the charger will not turn off.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 10:57 PM   #13
ammonsrick
Not Yet Wild

Yes I understand that the charger is now in manual & I have to watch it. I did this to get my batteries charged before they were to dead to charge. I don’t think this watching idea will last long even with a timer on the AC side. Sounds like these smart chargers are a better way to go anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-20-2019, 11:10 PM   #14
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

They are not driven by an OBC. They are usually specific algorithms for different batteries. They are newer technology and most use a HF charge.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 11:14 PM   #15
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammonsrick View Post
Ok this is what I did ( fingers crossed ) I bypassed the relay on my old charger because I noticed it had gotten real hot at one time. I took the fuse out of the gray line on the receptacle. I cut the black wire from the cart receptacle & ran it to the last negative post. I also added another 30 amp fuse to the black line. I know there’s one on the back of the receptacle but I added another. The charger seems to be working ok. I didn’t think it would work as I didn’t run the gray wire to the negative post but it does.
The reason it does is you bypassed the relay.....
Old 01-21-2019, 12:45 AM   #16
ammonsrick
Not Yet Wild

Ok NoleFan4Ever if I get the new type charger do you think I can use it as is? Can I use the old one as is as long as I watch it. Thank you again

Old 01-21-2019, 12:49 AM   #17
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Yes, but for safety purposes, be careful with the relay being bypassed.....

Monitor your voltage and unplug it from the wall at 61-63 volts....
Old 01-24-2019, 11:23 PM   #18
ammonsrick
Not Yet Wild

Thanks

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car