lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-14-2019, 11:13 AM   #1
stoker
Gone Wild

Default anyone here try batt restore machine?

we have fleet of 70 carts here all 48V,so this might be ticket?
http://www.batteryrestoration.biz/Ba...or-Videos.html
stoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-14-2019, 12:59 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: anyone here try batt restore machine?

As part of a regular maintenance routine (possibly yearly) Those will help extend battery life. If you average 6 years from a pack you may be able to draw it out to 7 or a bit longer assuming good regular maintenance and cleaning habits.

It is not going to bring dead batteries back to life. Although if you have several dead batteries in several packs, and you remove the bad ones, you will probably get more usable life from the remaining good batteries by running them on a regenerator machine.
You could also implement the use of a battery analyzer to match batteries in the pack based on voltage, internal resistance, and overall capacity. I did this about two years ago with 4 carts that all had 1 or 2 dead or failing batteries, and the other batteries in the packs were unbalanced with each other. I replaced 1 pack, moved the other batteries around so packs in the 3 other carts were more closely matched. I'll have to replace one of those packs this spring. The other two are still holding good capacity and are still closely matched on V and IR, so I should be able to get at least another season of use from those. The one I'm replacing, all 6 batteries are still closely matched, and are for all intents equally dead.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car