lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2019, 12:28 AM   #1
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default EZGO PDS wire harness vs TXT48

Hi All,

Some possibly silly questions about PDS and TXT48 wire harnesses. Sorry if they have been asked before. I exhaused my Google abilities prior to posting this. I have never seen a TXT48 wire harness and setup. I now own a DCS and a 2004 PDS that I have stripped down and will be making my primary cart.

I am going to pull the controller and motor out of this PDS for another project. I want to put in a TXT48 (620964) wire harness into the PDS cart. But, wondering it it is a wise choice.

Questions:

1. Is the Molex for the pedal switch and ITS on the PDS the same as the TXT48?

2. Can I toss the F/R on-dash switch and move the wires out of the harness (shorten them) and put a President DTSP/center OFF switch on the seat? Or just put the PDS switch on the seat? (I am 6'4" and I hate reaching for the dash!)

3. Is the key switch the on the PDS and TXT48 or do I have to get a new key switch too?

(For those curious... The plan is to put in a TAC2.0 600amp and AC 5kw motor into this "newer" cart. )

Cheers,
Imapled
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2021, 03:26 PM   #2
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO PDS wire harness vs TXT48

Okay I know this is an old thread! Did you ever figure out the wire harness?

I'm looking into doing the same conversion and so far the 2 possible TXT48 main wiring harnesses I've come up with are 620964 and 625805 and the prices range from $60 to about $138 and both have to be altered. Certainly less expensive is the better choice but cheap is not the way to go.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO