lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2019, 06:02 AM   #11
kantuckian
Gone Wild

Default Re: Does a bad solenoid slow the cart down?

Thanks Good info
kantuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2019, 12:51 PM   #12
aaron_ssn752
Not Yet Wild

Hi guys I have a similar issue with my ‘96 DS 48V regen cart. It is bone stock and runs about 10-12 mph on flat pavement. Once you get on a grassy hill though it will barely move. Torque is super low in forward and reverse. However, while at full speed on the street (10-12mph) last fall, I heard what sounded like a solenoid click and she jumped in speed from 10/11 to about 15/16mph. Also had LOADS of torque on hills. Two weeks later the computer died and after I replaced it the speed and torque were back down. I ran through all of the troubleshooting steps in the CC factory manual and everything was fine with a DVM. I am wondering if the braking solenoid might be bad as was the case here, and how exactly you go about bypassing it (which wires to move to the other relay, etc.) Any help you can provide is much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
aaron_ssn752 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 01:03 PM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

It sounds like the Dynamic Brake Solenoid failing and putting the resistor inline with the Motor.

The Dynamic Brake solenoid is the one connected to the resistor coil.

Place both White cables on the same post on that Solenoid. That is the White cable from Motor A2 and the White cable from controller A2.

Disconnect the speed sensor.

That is it, the cart will run as faster but without Regen brake.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 02:33 PM   #14
aaron_ssn752
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Sergio! So just to make sure I’m clear on your guidance, does it matter which post I connect the two white wires together on?

Also for the speed sensor, I’m not sure where that is connected. On the motor I assume, but not sure which connection that is. Thanks a million!

I tried to post pics but Tapatalk won’t allow it until I’m a member for 7 days [emoji53]

Old 07-12-2019, 02:56 PM   #15
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Either solenoid post, when both of those White cables are connected together the Solenoid is irrelevant.

You can also disconnect the small activation wires connected to the Dynamic Brake Solenoid coil and tape them.

The speed sensor is on the end of the motor (passenger side) and it has 3 wires.

Just disconnect the sensor plug.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 02:56 PM   #16
aaron_ssn752
Not Yet Wild

***Update: I just moved the white wires onto the same pole on the braking relay and disconnected the speed sensor plug on the motor and she ran GREAT for about 3 minutes. Then power cut completely out a couple times momentarily and now she won’t budge. Makes me wonder if the other solenoid isn’t bad also. Or the speed controller. Now when I turn the key on, the main solenoid no longer clicks. When I press the accelerator it surges forward about a half inch and then stops for good. [emoji53]

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car