lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-25-2019, 06:25 PM   #21
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: Can my batteries be salvaged?

I'd say they are toast. Surprised 4 of them showed what they did. What brand are they?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-25-2019, 06:33 PM   #22
buddha913
Not Yet Wild

Trojan T875

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
buddha913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 06:34 PM   #23
buddha913
Not Yet Wild

I’m just hoping the charger is good. He thought it was bad because it never shut off.

Old 10-25-2019, 06:34 PM   #24
buddha913
Not Yet Wild

Wasn’t a bad buy, I think. I paid $600.

Old 10-25-2019, 06:52 PM   #25
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Stole it!
Old 10-25-2019, 09:01 PM   #26
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Are you saying you agree, or "dogcrap" to that idea?
Well it was supposed to sound like I was agreeing with...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 09:06 PM   #27
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
Well it was supposed to sound like I was agreeing with...
I thought so.
Old 10-28-2019, 06:55 AM   #28
alchemy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha913 View Post
I just bought a 2002.5+ Club Car 48v. It hasn’t been charged in 6 months. I batteries currently have the following charges:
Can they be salvaged?
My 8-6's in the club car I got were worse than that. I got them all up well over 6V and they stay consistently (except one). I switched the 6 best to my yamaha 4 months ago and have been using them but it's not looking good. They don't run long but I don't have customers and golf courses. A few may be good and I intend to find out when I have time. The bad ones I would like to treat with baking soda and pure water or charge them heavily to try to break of the sulfate crystals. The latter works more often than the former. The idea of the former and why it works sometimes, which is never mentioned, is for at least two reasons. The carbonate can get behind the crystals and blast them off by reaction with the "residual" acidity. The second is that there is some ion exchange of sulfate and carbonate and carbonate does not crystallize but forms a very fine white precipitate which does not readily stick to things. A third reason is that lead sulfate is actually less soluble with sulfuric present and is more soluble in pure water. A method used by some "reconditioners" is to remove the plates and power wash off the sulfate. If the plates are damaged, forget it. The only use for epsom salts imo would be to have something conductive to charge after removing electrolyte. I don't believe it itself can contain the power storage ability that lead/sufuric can. Any technique takes great consideration for safety and environment regarding lead (in a most dangerous soluble form), sulfuric acid, and hydrogen. I hope this is all I ever have to say on this. This stuff would take a forum of its own .

edit: Oh and I did add 15ml concentrated sulfuric per cell (on big t-145's) after I watered them which probably helped. The first problem with adding acid is that it makes them even more prone to sulfate formation so you would need to even be more cautious about keeping them charged and not get too cold. You can lose too much acid from overcharging, leaks, and use beyond normal life. The batteries I put in the club car from my yamaha are 7 years old and still very good and I have added 10 ml acid per cell twice now (smaller GC-2 NAPA).
alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car