lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-26-2019, 12:08 PM   #1
Sglide77hd
Not Yet Wild

Default 1988 Club Car DS Electrical.

I got this golf cart for the wife. It has sat for a little while. Amazingly enough, 4 of the 6, 6 volt batteries Tested at over 5 volts. But the 2 center ones tested just under 2 volts. The problem I am having is, after putting new battery acid in the 2 bad batteries, the plug that plugs into the cart got hot as hell. You could smell the wires burning on the backside of the plugin. The fuse on the back side of the plugin on the golf cart, was burnt and melted when we got it. So I replaced it with a 30 amp fuse. I don't know if it is too much, or not enough for the 36 volt system. I know that they put a new sylenoid on it, but other than that it is pretty much original. So my question is, why would it get hot at the plugin on the golf cart? Is there a possible ground short? Wiring hooked up backwards? Thank You in advance.
Sglide77hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-26-2019, 04:31 PM   #2
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 1988 Club Car DS Electrical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sglide77hd View Post
I got this golf cart for the wife. It has sat for a little while. Amazingly enough, 4 of the 6, 6 volt batteries Tested at over 5 volts. But the 2 center ones tested just under 2 volts. The problem I am having is, after putting new battery acid in the 2 bad batteries, the plug that plugs into the cart got hot as hell. You could smell the wires burning on the backside of the plugin. The fuse on the back side of the plugin on the golf cart, was burnt and melted when we got it. So I replaced it with a 30 amp fuse. I don't know if it is too much, or not enough for the 36 volt system. I know that they put a new sylenoid on it, but other than that it is pretty much original. So my question is, why would it get hot at the plugin on the golf cart? Is there a possible ground short? Wiring hooked up backwards? Thank You in advance.

yes to everything ...except your batteries , no to them ….you cant really test anything on that cart until you 36 volts to it....36 volts that wont drop under load....

take batteries out and go over this wiring diagram one wire at a time (minus the batteries) take apart the vglide and see if anything is melted or has been hot in there …..look at the resistor coils also ….
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VdlideWiringcolor.jpg (60.6 KB, 0 views)
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car