lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-08-2020, 05:01 PM   #11
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: Bushings Don't Fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by barlowchiro View Post
From two totally separate vendors? Chances aren’t good that they both sent me the wrong part.

Since I am replacing all six bushing sets, the bushings will fit the leaf springs themselves, but will not fit into the frame where the upper leaf spring hanger attaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In your original post, it sounds like you already installed the bushings in the rear springs. You then bought more to go in the shackle part. Is this correct?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-08-2020, 05:02 PM   #12
barlowchiro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
In your original post, it sounds like you already installed the bushings in the rear springs. You then bought more to go in the shackle part. Is this correct?

Yes. HD leaf spring kit came with new bushings.

I ordered more for rear shackles.

barlowchiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 05:05 PM   #13
barlowchiro
Gone Wild

Club Car

They should be the same part though. I tried the bushings that came in my HD leaf spring kit and the other bushings that I ordered. Neither would fit into that hole on the frame. Although both bushings would fit into the leafspring.

Old 02-08-2020, 05:08 PM   #14
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by barlowchiro View Post
Yes. HD leaf spring kit came with new bushings.

I ordered more for rear shackles.

That's why I thought you may have been sent the wrong bushings from the second vendor. Did you compare them? If they are the right ones, I would do what FT says.

Is the body on the cart? This is why I asked if it is a DS. It is much easier if you pop off the plastic in the bagwell and drill holes to reach the shackle.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 05:18 PM   #15
barlowchiro
Gone Wild

Club Car

I’ve got the body pulled off to get Hydro dipped. I did compare the two bushings. They are virtually identical although one is a set of rubber bushings the other is polyurethane. Neither one will fit into that hole. I may take my Dremel and lightly sand the polyurethane bushing until it’s a small enough diameter that I can press get in.

Old 02-09-2020, 10:56 AM   #16
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
The holes in the leaf springs usually end up larger because they rust, wear out because the spring moves, etc.
The ones in the frame are almost always a tight fit. Add to that the aftermarket bushings are usually a softer rubber compound and are often sized larger than original bushings, which can make them harder to push into place. Original club car bushings are a harder compound and you can usually line them up and hammer them in if needed.

Spray the bushing and the hole with silicone lubricant or use some chassis grease to help them slide in. Slide the bushings in first before putting the center sleeve in.
This ^

I'll add that OEM bushings are typically cheaper than aftermarket bushings also, and far better quality.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 06:44 AM   #17
barlowchiro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
This ^

I'll add that OEM bushings are typically cheaper than aftermarket bushings also, and far better quality.
I ordered OEM bushings, unlike the aftermarket ones, the OEM were ploly bushings.

Those were to big too. No worries, I took the Dremel and created a slight bevel on the small end of the bushing, just enough to get it in the hole and then tapped it in with a hammer (no sleeve installed). Afterwards tapped in the metal sleeve. Good to go!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5240.jpg (103.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-03-2023, 05:57 AM   #18
danbury
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Some Club Cars were made with leaf springs that had smaller bushings. You can't get smaller bushings. The only fix is to install new leaf springs and hangers. We service about 500 Club Cars, 2001s to 2023s. So far 2 of the Club Cars were exactly as you describe here.
danbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 08:33 AM   #19
jaymz
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I realize that this thread is really old, but way back when I happened to discover that an old set of bushings I had on the shelf fit my '98 CC DS fit perfectly. They were shackle bushings for a 1956 Chevy Belair. Maybe give those a shot should anyone run into a similar issue down the road.
jaymz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car