lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-29-2020, 07:56 PM   #11
LEMANSZ20
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 86 cart I just got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwood View Post
The old ones
Yeah it’s on jake stands now. I already looked inside the box with the micro switches. It was spotless like brand new. So I believe I’ll be good there. Already loosened all bolts to all solenoids. Just waiting on the replacements to com in. I may change all, then test the old ones while they are out and keep the good ones for a spare. Thanks
Most of mine lol broke when i was taking them out, and I did it as also a safety measure. These old carts usually good to replace to new, but I replaced all bolts with brand new stainless, and all solenoids and battery to battery cables. Ripped out all the useless wires one by one. I am still not done, but my cart is completely different and working now.
LEMANSZ20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-29-2020, 09:25 PM   #12
Summerwood
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEMANSZ20 View Post
Most of mine lol broke when i was taking them out, and I did it as also a safety measure. These old carts usually good to replace to new, but I replaced all bolts with brand new stainless, and all solenoids and battery to battery cables. Ripped out all the useless wires one by one. I am still not done, but my cart is completely different and working now.
My plans for this cart is to fix it up a bit and sell it. I have a 89 DS that I completely redone about a year ago now. Its been real faithful to me. This 86 was in to much of a good original untouched condition at a great price, that I could not pass it up. My plans are when I retire in 24 months, to purchase run down carts fix them up and resell. Something I like to do and happy working on. I purchased a small winch I have placed in the back of my F-150 and purchased ramps, got it all for $100 from Harbor Frieght. And it worked out PERFECT when i went to get this cart. So easy to pull up on bed, and easy to take off. No sweat or heavy lifting.
Summerwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 10:50 AM   #13
Summerwood
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Update, I did what you guys suggested, and replaced all 5 solenoids at once. Cart runs great! Not use to hearing the clicks from the solenoids, my 89 doesn’t have them. Thanks to all!!!
Summerwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 01:36 PM   #14
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Awesome!
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car