lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2020, 09:25 AM   #1
wjrich100
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G22 Barn Find Riot Kit Install

Yesterday ordered a Riot Kit from Plowman's for my 2006 G 22 "limo" barn find.
I have the Moric controller w Hitachi engine, and my original thought was to upgrade to a 300A controller and see what happens. Had a fairly detailed and valuable discussion w Don, and at the end of it decided to go with the Riot kit w 500A controller. Don took down some basic info and will program the controller before shipping. I'm going to document my install experience here.
Anything I should be aware of from those who have gone before me?
wjrich100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2020, 05:49 AM   #2
wjrich100
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G22 Barn Find Riot Kit Install

Completing the G22 Riot Kit installation this afternoon, I put my cart up on jack stands, switched from tow to run, and nothing happened. No solenoid click, no illumination of the status light on the controller, nothing. No reverse buzzer.

Tried repeatedly with ignition key on, key off, waiting for 1 minute between tow and run switches and nothing.

Batteries/volts

Voltage across the pack was 53.
Individual batteries were around 8.5 each.
Cart was fully charged before I began the installation process. Batteries were installed in January and had a manufacturer date stamp of September 2019. They were working well before I did the install.
Voltage check across the solenoid terminals- same as battery pack

Did a post- install continuity check- “ok” meaning I got the beep signal on my voltmeter

B+ to solenoid ok
+ from Solenoid to controller- ok
all cables from motor to controller- ok
from + to - on controller- ok
on fuse installed on B+ cable at battery- ok
cable from solenoid to voltage reducer- ok. Voltage reducer comes off of the solenoid + (same terminal that the battery + is connected to) and is working- my lights function as before. Voltage reducer is connected to my battery #2 as before.

All terminals tight; installation double checked.
Will be trying to call Don Monday to see what's going on here.
Old 03-09-2020, 05:09 PM   #3
wjrich100
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Had a great call with Don this morning and went over my issues with the install. Don patiently walked me through a number of different diagnostic tests and was able to quickly isolate the problem which ended up being installer error (me).

While my connections were correct and everything was snugged up tightly, one wire that I replaced a ring connector on was not crimped correctly. Don gave me some direction on how to fix the problem and once fixed, the cart (on jack stands) ran as advertised!

Don then called me back- and using TeamViewer- reviewed the settings on my controller, made sure that we had no error codes, and walked me through how to use Alltrax's Toolkit software to program the controller.

I took the cart out for a ride and all is good- really good! This was money well spent.

I can’t say enough about Don’s personal attention and his ability to put me at ease while we went through the whole process. As I mentioned above, it turned out to be an “installer error” (me), and while I was completely baffled and a bit frustrated, it was basically a non- event.

I’m a customer of his for as long as I own a cart. You just can’t get this kind of service anywhere.

Now on to the lift kit…
Old 03-09-2020, 08:42 PM   #4
LPnTX
Gone Wild

Good! Don is the best!
LPnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 10:23 PM   #5
swb713
Gone Wild

Columbia

These days ... Great customer service like that is few and far between.
Great to hear.
Thanks for the share.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
swb713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha