lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2020, 10:48 AM   #1
Croqezgo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default G22 6" Jake's Lift - Should I replace shocks?

I have a 2003 yamaha G22. I am about to install a 6" Jake's spindle lift. Do I need to replace the shocks/springs? I added a rear seat so I am thinking I should get some heavy duty rear shocks or springs? What is recommended and what should I get? Just the heavy duty spring kit? Or the whole heavy duty shock and spring kit?
Croqezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2020, 12:36 PM   #2
coldair
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: G22 6" Jake's Lift - Should I replace shocks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croqezgo View Post
I have a 2003 yamaha G22. I am about to install a 6" Jake's spindle lift. Do I need to replace the shocks/springs? I added a rear seat so I am thinking I should get some heavy duty rear shocks or springs? What is recommended and what should I get? Just the heavy duty spring kit? Or the whole heavy duty shock and spring kit?
diffidently use the heavy duty springs on the rear it made a huge difference when I put them on after using my cart with the rear seat for over a year and the standard springs. depending on the lift you may need shock extenders so I would ask support at the website you are getting the lift from.

I used the jakes arm lift and finding the right rear shocks with extensions has been a mission I am yet to accomplish correctly. I waited 3 weeks for my extensions only to find out they don't fit the shocks I got from another vendor.
coldair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 12:50 PM   #3
wjrich100
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croqezgo View Post
I posted this in lifted carts but I think there may be more active members checking here.

Trying to decide to do the 3" Jake kit in my '06 G22, since I'm about to install the Riot Kit this weekend. What wheel size are you going with?
wjrich100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 01:05 PM   #4
coldair
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

long double posting
coldair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 01:58 PM   #5
Croqezgo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I got a set of 23x10.50x12. i wonder about extensions for the shocks on a spindle lift. I am not sure you would need them. I wanted a long travel kit but $715...*** it.
Croqezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 03:26 PM   #6
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjrich100 View Post
Trying to decide to do the 3" Jake kit in my '06 G22, since I'm about to install the Riot Kit this weekend. What wheel size are you going with?
I just replaced a Jakes 6" with a 3" on a G22. 22x10-10 works fine.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 05:39 AM   #7
wjrich100
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thumbs up Re: G22 6" Jake's Lift - Should I replace shocks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in VA View Post
I just replaced a Jakes 6" with a 3" on a G22. 22x10-10 works fine.
wjrich100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha