lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2020, 09:50 PM   #1
mturnerua
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default S4 vs TXT Freedom

Hi - I'm looking at buying a new cart and have been looking at the S4 72v and TXT Freedom 72v. I like that the S4 comes standard with the brush guard and off-road tires. Besides the lift and larger tires, is there any mechanical or features differences between them? I spoke with a dealer that told me the Freedom had more power but the specs I found look to be the same.

Thanks
mturnerua is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2020, 07:59 PM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: S4 vs TXT Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mturnerua View Post
Hi - I'm looking at buying a new cart and have been looking at the S4 72v and TXT Freedom 72v. I like that the S4 comes standard with the brush guard and off-road tires. Besides the lift and larger tires, is there any mechanical or features differences between them? I spoke with a dealer that told me the Freedom had more power but the specs I found look to be the same.

Thanks
The drivlines are identical, but the Freedom weighs less. Don't worry about power, they can be reprogrammed for more speed and power. From the factory, they both come set for only 20% of their controllers power rating. Do not let a dealer attempt to turn it up, they will corrupt the controller. If they alter the factory profile settings, it alters the controllers checksum, preventing the unlocking of the controller so that the power and speed can be turned up more than the limited amount that they can do. I have a limited library of files for the newest 72V cars, so I may not have the factory file to uncorrupt it.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 06:42 PM   #3
mturnerua
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Bob! From what I’ve read here on the site, you’re the programming wizard. If I want to make some speed and power improvements what’s my options? How often do you come to Alabama?
Old 05-09-2020, 04:24 AM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thanks Bob! From what I’ve read here on the site, you’re the programming wizard. If I want to make some speed and power improvements what’s my options? How often do you come to Alabama?
Those 72V carts are designed to drive tires up to 25", and can be configured for up to 27" tires with a noticed loss of tourque. Top speed with the 23" tires they come with is a bit over 30 MPH, usually 31 or 32 with proper tire inflation. Power difference is the greatest benefit, as it will not "fall on its face" when you reach the current rev limit! It will continue to keep going until it reaches the new limit. Rabbit and Turtle are reprogrammed seperately, which triples the complexity of the reprogramming and tuning phases. This is why someone needs to drive it while I tune the controllers drive feel to the drivers expectations. It uses a drive/fly-by-wire technology, originally invented for the Stealth aircraft program.

I usually go to Alabama once or twice a year. This event has had us shut down for travel, so I have not ventured out too far for a few months.
Old 06-07-2020, 11:16 PM   #5
mturnerua
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Bob - I picked up my cart last week, a 72v S4. I don’t have enough post to DM you but what’s the process of getting it tuned to increase the speed? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Those 72V carts are designed to drive tires up to 25", and can be configured for up to 27" tires with a noticed loss of tourque. Top speed with the 23" tires they come with is a bit over 30 MPH, usually 31 or 32 with proper tire inflation. Power difference is the greatest benefit, as it will not "fall on its face" when you reach the current rev limit! It will continue to keep going until it reaches the new limit. Rabbit and Turtle are reprogrammed seperately, which triples the complexity of the reprogramming and tuning phases. This is why someone needs to drive it while I tune the controllers drive feel to the drivers expectations. It uses a drive/fly-by-wire technology, originally invented for the Stealth aircraft program.

I usually go to Alabama once or twice a year. This event has had us shut down for travel, so I have not ventured out too far for a few months.
Old 06-08-2020, 02:00 AM   #6
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Bob - I picked up my cart last week, a 72v S4. I don’t have enough post to DM you but what’s the process of getting it tuned to increase the speed? Thanks!
You have enough posts now. Send a PM (Private Message) to usgicollector with your information so that he can add you to the list.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO