lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2020, 10:53 AM   #11
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Duracell Batteries

I have used the Duracell batteries and never had an issue take good care of them check the water levels at least once a month and you should be able to get 5 years out of them. I got 5 years out of my last set and I play 18 holes of golf at least 4 or 5 times a week.
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2020, 12:42 PM   #12
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker_Dave View Post
I know it’s apples and oranges but has anyone had any experience with these.
https://dakotalithium.com/product/da...v=7516fd43adaa
No personal experience with their batteries yet. I actually just ordered a set of their 10ah batteries to use for the sonar unit on my kayak, and installing some LED lights that will run off the same battery. I'm hoping that I should be able to get a solid 16 hours of On time with one battery from their 10Ah battery and still have some juice left over. This would also mean I can upgrade to a better unit in the future and not have to worry about not being able to run it all day on a 12+ hour fishing trip.
My current 8Ah gel battery will run the unit for about 14 hours, but I feel that's pushing it to the limit, and I know as that battery gets older that time will get shorter and shorter.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 02:13 PM   #13
Seang1989
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmtech View Post
$104 x 6= $624 plus sales tax. I can buy t-875's locally for $730 otd if paying cash. I assume you could find a similar deal locally. For the little bit of price difference I couldn't justify the cheaper batteries. Just my take on it.
Best price I can find locally for Trojans is $864. That's a $240 difference. Little bit of price difference is subjective.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Seang1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 02:13 PM   #14
Seang1989
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizbgolf View Post
I have used the Duracell batteries and never had an issue take good care of them check the water levels at least once a month and you should be able to get 5 years out of them. I got 5 years out of my last set and I play 18 holes of golf at least 4 or 5 times a week.
Thanks

Old 05-13-2020, 02:15 PM   #15
Seang1989
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Very much so, depends on your market.

Trojans around here are upwards of $140 each now. I think they're a little closer to $150 at most places. Cash money or not.

The Duracells are often on sale at Sams for $99 here.

With our usage, I fully expect 10 years from a set of Trojans, where the East penn batteries that most of my carts had before were totally shot between 5 and 6 years. It makes up for the difference in my case. But for some people their usage and cart needs or maintenance habits (or lack-of) it makes more sense to use the less expensive batteries. I don't shy away from recommending East Penn batteries, especially when someone wants to save a few $$$ on the cost of a new set of batteries. Or if they really only just want to replace only 1 or 2. Not my normal recommendation, but sometimes there are budget constraints.
I'm going to replace all of the batteries. This is a luxury for me. I check the water level monthly, plug it in when not in use.

Old 05-13-2020, 05:05 PM   #16
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

I've personally had great luck with Duracells; as with any brand of battery, maintenance is key
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 07:58 PM   #17
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
I've personally had great luck with Duracells; as with any brand of battery, maintenance is key
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car