lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2020, 08:56 PM   #1
Click260
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZGO or Club Car or Yamaha; Reasons beyond Aluminum vs Steel

Please convince me to buy either an EZGO or a Club Car or Yamaha.

Please expand your reasoning beyond the aluminum Ibeam frame of a Club Car vs the steel frame of an EXGO or Yamaha.
Click260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2020, 04:50 PM   #2
Rcode
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZGO or Club Car or Yamaha; Reasons beyond Aluminum vs Steel

Interested in the same! Also wondering when Club Car will be coming out with their Lithium powered 6 seater?
Rcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 02:12 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Well, that's a wide gap, without what knowing what you want to expect out of it. A "honda ridgeline" isnt a good starting point for a "serious offroad truck". And a $100k 1ton diesel isnt needed to haul surf boards. . And the different models of club cars, ezgos, and yamahas make better starting points for different end goals & planned budgets. Also include info like "I want to buy newer", "i want to spend less than $", "I need at least 25 mph", "I want to play 36 holes of golf every day", "the ocean spray destroys everything in sight", "i expect it to be able to haul 4 people & a dead deer over big rotting trees", you get it. We need more info. It's not just "steel vs, aluminum ".
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 09:59 PM   #4
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

If you are referring to the battery tray, battery acid degrades both metals the same if you don’t neutralize with baking soda when servicing batteries.

Aluminum ,needs to be tig or at least spool gun to be welded and repaired if damaged or molded. Steel cheaper to repair and modify
Most have ability to mig steel.
Bent frame, steel easier to straighten ,manipulate, aluminum takes a bit more finess before it fractures.

Open ended question but most people fixate on battery tray. Both will deteriade
From battery acid.

Personal opinion. Buy the cart you want based on your needs requardless of material. Imo😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 10:16 PM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

No easy answer.

With steel anything can be fixed easier than aluminum. The question becomes what needs to be fixed?

A straight aluminum frame that does not have major broken welds is a much easier cart to fix than a steel frame cart rusted all to hell.

This is just my opinion and have done both. And rarely is the battery tray on an aluminum frame cart so corroded it needs repairing. Just my experience.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 03:56 AM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Still, none of the desires/goals have been cleared up. So, until those questions are answered, this is essentially a dead thread.. Until the goal is set, this is a useless endeavor.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 08:08 PM   #7
Click260
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Still, none of the desires/goals have been cleared up. So, until those questions are answered, this is essentially a dead thread.. Until the goal is set, this is a useless endeavor.
Yep dead thread. Ended up with a 2017 ezgo fleet txt elite. Thanks
Click260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO