lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2020, 09:16 AM   #1
georgia088
Gone Wild

Default confirm bad its throttle

2001 pds cart stock motor converted to 48v brand new xct48400 controller and 48v solenoid from scottyb. Cart has been very "jumpy" plugged in laptop to controller. monitor shows throttle 100% as soon as key switch is on (throttle is not pressed down) I went to sticky thread and followed. checked voltage between white and black wire on ITS (3.38v) should be 10-12? Checked B- to white wire voltage pedal not pressed (voltage jumps around, but never above 5v) should only be 5v when pedal is pressed all the way down correct?
If i jump the micro switch in pedal box with key on and pedal in the up position the cart takes off like the throttle is pressed to the floor.

P.S. I have throttle setting in the alltrax toolkit set to PDS ITS throttle.

Is this a bad ITS throttle?

Thanks!
georgia088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2020, 09:27 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: confirm bad its throttle

May want to check the 4 pin molex plug coming from the pedal box. Known for bad connections
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 09:54 AM   #3
georgia088
Gone Wild

And if it still checks the same it’s a bad ITS?

Also, if I replace should I replace the plunger as well as the sensor? Or is the plunger something that rarely fails?
Old 08-23-2020, 11:23 AM   #4
georgia088
Gone Wild

Update: removed ITS put blow dryer on it. Even though it didn’t appear wet. Sprayed electronic cleaner on plunger and sensor. Also disconnected 4 plug harness from controller sprayed it good. Now it seems to run better. Even though the voltages still don’t check out exactly.... this has seemed to be a lingering problem as I thought the clear auto cal had fixed the issue Before and asked about it in this thread.

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=167687

I also had another thread before I changed controllers where I was asking why my cart was jumping so bad.... is my sensor going bad and failing intermittently? I guess if it begins to do it again I will replace the sensor.
Old 08-23-2020, 11:27 AM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

You can look here for voltage checks but may still be an issue with the molex. https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=132659
Old 08-23-2020, 01:44 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

@ kgsc: In a PDS, the cable from the pedal box is longer and plugs directly into J-4 on the controller. Can still have issues, but not as common as the carts with the in-line connector in the cable from the pedal box.

@ georgia088: The ITS sensor is filled with a potting compound for waterproofing, but the compound shrinks with age and hairline cracks form, allowing moisture to get to the electronics on the PCB inside the sensor. (See attachment-1)

Attachments 2 & 3 are a functional block diagram and a schematic of an ITS sensor.

The plunger is simply an ferrous (iron) slug. No need to replace it.

----------------
Check the voltage between J-4 Pins 3 & 4 at the controller with cable from pedal box unplugged from it. I don't know what the exact voltage should be, but it ought to be more than 10V since that is the nominal pedal up voltage with the sensor connected. (Pedal down is 6V)

If you get over 10V, the problem is the ITS sensor or connecting wiring.

If the sensor is bad, a $20 from Amazon will work just fine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0143.jpg (274.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ITS sensor - Block diagram.JPG (49.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ITS sensor - Schematic.JPG (88.3 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 01:49 PM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Thanks jb, I’m slipping..
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO