lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2020, 10:12 PM   #1
pboehm21
Not Yet Wild

Default RXV Won't Move But Reverse Buzzer Works

2016 RXV with original Trojan T1275's. About a month ago I took off down the street with the pedal to the floor. I got up to about 15 mph and the cart slammed to a stop and then had to cycle the key to get it to move again. That's now happened multiple times. Eventually I figured out that if I give the cart a couple blocks to get up to full speed it doesn't do that. Almost seems like it has to warm up. Fast forward a month and now the cart won't move. Reverse buzzer sounds, lights work but cart won't move at all. The other day I let the cart charge a full 12 hours or so and immediately after I unhooked the charger the cart would move. After a drive through the cul de sac I pulled it back in my garage, turned the key off and again it wouldn't move.

-Battery pack after 12 hour rest is reading 50.2
-Weakest individual battery is reading 12.2
-Weakest battery has a specific gravity in one cell of 1.220, next cell over has 1.260

Seems like these issues aren't uncommon on RXV's but can I rule out battery issues based on what's been happening?
pboehm21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO