lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2009, 08:08 AM   #1
jason101
Not Yet Wild

Default 01 ezgo pds no power

hello i am working on trying to get a friends cart going again, he recently wasputting on headlights taillights turnsignals, and now his cart doesnt work at all, the accessories however all work, i cannot even get a click on the solenoid when i press pedal, no reverse buzzer at all, nothing, he installed a 3 position switch for his headlights , and there are 2 white wires on the ey switch one solid and one white and yellow, i am not getting any power at all from these 2 wires, i traced them back andthey go into the controller with the big cluster of wires and have no way of testing from there on, i did a ohms check on the f/r switch and is ok, did a ohm test on resistor on solenoid, ok, i guess i am going to try andjump the solenoid to see if it is bad, it there a way to jump the controller on a pds cart to see if it is bad? i have 37.8 volts out of the battery pack, to solenoid, then i start to loose voltage a little from the other big post on solenoid to 35.8 volts, same with b+ on the controller i am getting 35.8 v at B+ to B- any help would be great i am getting frustrated,,, it just seems like i am not getting any power up to the key switch .. thanks jason
jason101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2009, 08:14 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 01 ezgo pds no power

Do not try to jump that controller or solenoid..... your experiment could cost you $$$. Search out the source of the key switch power and repair it. Where is the power for the new accessories coming from?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 05:55 PM   #3
jason101
Not Yet Wild

the power source for the headlights is coming from the batteries, a single hot wire 12v , it is a standard 3 position key switch for the pds carts with headlights, he just didn't have the original wiring harness for headlights, that is why he added the power wire for the headlights, one wire goes to batteries, one wire for headlights go to the hot side of the headlights, the headlights themselves are grounded back to the batteries, and the other 2 wires are one white wire and one white/yellow wire,that goes directly into the controller,
Old 05-18-2009, 09:26 PM   #4
eadavis
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I bet the reed switch is zapped and it is a safetey switch inside the charger plug that keeps cart from running when charger is plugged in. you can take the small wire that comes out of the charger port but the side that is in the wiring harness to the cart and apply 36 volts to the wire and it should run but remember ALWAYS WHEN WORKING ON CART FLIP RUN/TOW SWITCH TO TOW!!!!!!!
eadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:06 PM   #5
jason101
Not Yet Wild

so basically i need to unplug the reed switch wire that makes a connection near the #1 battery via a male and female plug, remove the plug and put power to the plug that goes towards the controller, not the one that goes towards the charger port, just making sure it gets 36 volts to the lead that goes towards the controller.. am i reading that correctly? thanks jason
Old 05-19-2009, 02:25 PM   #6
eadavis
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

That is correct that is what powers your controller circuit.
eadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:37 PM   #7
jason101
Not Yet Wild

ok i will try it this weekend, i know i got power at solenoid and at controller, i just don't have any power at all through the 2 white/yellow wires on the ignition switch, i traced the wires back to the big plug on the controller and that is all i know about the wires, i looked at schematic and it looks like all it is used for is completing the circuit going from normally open , to closed circuit,. so i will try this weekend and post back monday thanks for you help, i appreciate it... jason
Old 11-22-2011, 09:59 PM   #8
bigwheel
Not Yet Wild

wouldnt it be easier to just test the safety (reed switch wire) to see if voltage is present. I have the same issue and its frustrating ,refurb box,new solenoid,reed sw wire has power and the pedal micro sw good. every thing seems alien on these carts like the key switch having two different voltages. Good idea you can do it all in one turn of the key. I traced that key sw wire back to the controller and there was no power. so im stuck for now.Im begining to wonder if i got a bum box or there another avenue inside the box that gives that port power or im on the other side of the key sw leg because i think the power starts from the reed sw wire,correct me if im wrong please.I was thinking the white wire near the incoming 12v wire would be the incoming 36v on the back of the key sw so thats why i traced it. The other white disapears in the dash. Ill be watchin your thread to see what happens.
bigwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:29 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

... do you guys have a diagram to work with?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ezgo PDS diagram.JPG (117.0 KB, 21 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:40 PM   #10
littlebob
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Scotty Beat me to it. All of the troubleshooting stuff should be in this link That is in the Stickies.
http://products.jacobsen.com/img/manuals/28646.pdf
littlebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO